Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 11-08-2022, 05:39 PM   #21
EStark
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Fair enough. I assume you won't be buying it then, as it's unlikely Infinity are going to alter their product sizing.

You'll probably have more fun with the 1/4 Prime1 or Darkside piece.
I do not want a smaller one. I would prefer sculpted.
EStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 05:59 PM   #22
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Well.....good luck?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 11:10 PM   #23
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EStark View Post
I do not want a smaller one. I would prefer sculpted.
Don't bother collecting 1/2 or life size thinking sculpted is better. You 100% need realism at those scales.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 01:30 AM   #24
azurepred
Zot

Looks pretty good. I never understood why people knock 1:2 as looking like a small person. Not even close. That said, I think Prime is far superior as a package, but I think this looks better than the DS version. The old SS pf has not aged well.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 01:37 AM   #25
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Looks pretty good. I never understood why people knock 1:2 as looking like a small person. Not even close. That said, I think Prime is far superior as a package, but I think this looks better than the DS version. The old SS pf has not aged well.
The only time that that particular argument holds any water imo, is for characters who are masked and wear baggy clothing etc (E.g. Star Wars). Which in this particular case does sort of fit.

However when individuals attempt to apply that kind of idea to any standard characters, where you can see their faces and underlining physique, I think it’s somewhat silly.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 02:51 AM   #26
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
The only time that that particular argument holds any water imo, is for characters who are masked and wear baggy clothing etc (E.g. Star Wars). Which in this particular case does sort of fit.

However when individuals attempt to apply that kind of idea to any standard characters, where you can see their faces and underlining physique, I think it?s somewhat silly.
To me, what's even more "silly" - is to go into a thread about 1/2 statues, to tell everyone you don't like 1/2 statues - for (reasons).....

I mean, what's the point? It doesn't even fall under "criticism" - it's just a hyper personal perspective that has nothing to do with the specific product at all.

Personally I'm quite excited for this piece. I'm still not sure about Infinity and 1/2 - to date, no company has delivered a decent 1/2 production piece......and after the, rather depressing final product for their Ring Wraith (ladle head) - I'm very wary.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 03:06 AM   #27
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
To me, what's even more "silly" - is to go into a thread about 1/2 statues, to tell everyone you don't like 1/2 statues - for (reasons).....

I mean, what's the point? It doesn't even fall under "criticism" - it's just a hyper personal perspective that has nothing to do with the specific product at all.

Personally I'm quite excited for this piece. I'm still not sure about Infinity and 1/2 - to date, no company has delivered a decent 1/2 production piece......and after the, rather depressing final product for their Ring Wraith (ladle head) - I'm very wary.
Queens Aquaman is quite good (except for the oversized trident), and their Cap is pretty good too.

Honestly in person the Cap face looks better than what I’ve seen on photos posted on Facebook etc. Not saying it doesn’t have any issues, but it’s face isn’t one of them imo. Such as the polystone hands contrasting too sharply with the silicone face and Mjolnir being a bit lopsided on its handle.
Old 11-09-2022, 03:23 AM   #28
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Spec has this up for $1,729.00.

Some of these 1/2 scales from Infinity are dirt cheap, like their sculpted Legolas was too.

8 years ago Prime 1’s 1/2 scales were $2K and up. I have their Trinity set, and even though they might not hold up against what can be achieved nowadays, they will still be some of the last pieces that will ever leave my collection.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:34 PM   #29
EStark
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Is Sauron 1/2 inevitable?
EStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 10:37 PM   #30
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EStark View Post
Is Sauron 1/2 inevitable?
Now that will be a big boy!

And unlike this piece, that’s a full body that is fully armoured and quite sizeable, so it won’t be cheap.