Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 09-04-2022, 02:16 PM   #1
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Devil's Reign

It seems the new administration of the Marvel decided to get a bit adventurous with Daredevil and made an newly finished event called Devil's Reign. I haven't read it yet, waiting for an omnibus. It seems the event doesn't have a bad word of mouth around it, unlike its predesesor Shadowland which was a disaster as far as i heard. (missed the omnibus on that one, waiting for a reprint, even if all the bad word of mouth around it...)

Anyone read the new DD event ? what are your thoughts ?
The Dark Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 03:12 PM   #2
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I have not read daredevil in a while
Mark Waid’s run was great and Charles Soule’s run was good but stopped after Soule’s run

Now has anyone read Bendis‘s run ‘cause I’ve heard it was fantastic and I was considering getting it because my local comic book store has a slew of his issues he wrote in their dollar bin
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 03:50 PM   #3
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Mark Waid?s run was great and Charles Soule?s run was good but stopped after Soule?s run

Now has anyone read Bendis?s run ?cause I?ve heard it was fantastic and I was considering getting it because my local comic book store has a slew of his issues he wrote in their dollar bin

I read most of Bendis, not all of it, because i started collecting statues and it was super expensive so i had to cut on comics... xD So i haven't got all of Bendis run trades back in the day. xD Now, i have the omnibuses but i haven't got back to it yet.

As far as i read Bendis, it was amazing. Maleev's moody, cinematic art also set the tone really well.
The Dark Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 05:13 PM   #4
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Mark Waid?s run was great and Charles Soule?s run was good but stopped after Soule?s run

Now has anyone read Bendis?s run ?cause I?ve heard it was fantastic and I was considering getting it because my local comic book store has a slew of his issues he wrote in their dollar bin
Bendis? run was incredible. Brubaker?s run, following Bendis, also was great. Waid?s run was wildly different, a breath of fresh air, and really terrific.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 05:29 PM   #5
Blindzider
The Spirit

I just finished reading Devil's Reign today and it's good. Starts off feeling like a rehash of the Superhero Registration Act, but it quickly moves to wrapping up storylines as well as changing the status quo. If you haven't been reading Zdarsky's DD run, it's well worth it and this is a new wrap-up for everything up until now. Also Chechetto's art and Menyz's colors are phenomenal. Probably my favorite Marvel artist right now.

FWIW, I thought Bendis's run with Maleev started really strong but then dragged for me. Eventually Bendis' writing just felt like pages and pages of nothing really happening. Brubaker's was excellent and I agree with wktf assessment that Waid's run was good in it's own way, although much "brighter and lighter" and filled with unexpected and out of left field ideas. Soule's was hit and miss: some of it I really liked and other parts were bland.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote