Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 12-03-2022, 01:21 PM   #11
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by alshadow View Post
Now that they're seemingly done with the X-Men, I'd love see other Marvel comics characters get some love as well.

And yeah I do hope they keep prices reasonable. With the increasing costs it's hard to even complete a line these days.

They haven't done with the X-Men at all...Mister Sinister is being added to the X-Men Sentinel diorama line.

There is also the X-men Age of Apocalypse line about to start.
Chelseaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 02:18 PM   #12
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelseaboy View Post
They haven't done with the X-Men at all...Mister Sinister is being added to the X-Men Sentinel diorama line.

There is also the X-men Age of Apocalypse line about to start.
They are basically done you gotta admit it. For a year or 2 pieces were being announced non stop every inside iron studios day. Then they just?stopped. Dark Phoenix was the last piece announced and that was months ago.

Just cause they finally announced concept art of Sinister doesn?t mean they are full steam ahead. Sinister is going one of, if not, the final pieces of the X-Men line. I?d love for the line to continue but its too good to be true. Maybe sales toppled after the first waves. Who knows.

And AoA is a separate line. I know thats still to come, but I continue to doubt it will be anywhere near as successful as their main x-men line.

This Avengers dio is going to be their next big thing. There?s no way it cant be if they were smart.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 05:58 PM   #13
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
They are basically done you gotta admit it. For a year or 2 pieces were being announced non stop every inside iron studios day. Then they just?stopped. Dark Phoenix was the last piece announced and that was months ago.

Just cause they finally announced concept art of Sinister doesn?t mean they are full steam ahead. Sinister is going one of, if not, the final pieces of the X-Men line. I?d love for the line to continue but its too good to be true. Maybe sales toppled after the first waves. Who knows.

And AoA is a separate line. I know thats still to come, but I continue to doubt it will be anywhere near as successful as their main x-men line.

This Avengers dio is going to be their next big thing. There?s no way it cant be if they were smart.
They still have nine X-Men statues from the Sentinel X-Men dio to make yet...there's no rush to announce new ones,but they have with Sinister to let people know the line hasn't been ended.

There aren't that many characters left to do now anyway....Banshee,Polaris,Dazzler,Shatterstar,Toad,Avalanche,Longshot,Sun-fire,stand-alone Jubilee and Kitty Pryde maybe ..i'm struggling to think of any others.

They haven't announced any new DC comic version characters for a while either..just Scarecrow...but i doubt they're finished with those either with four still to be made from previous announcements.The Aquaman and Joker deluxe statues were announced ages ago and have only recently come out.

The reality is they are doing more and more different statue projects,which means new statues coming out from any particular licences will be slower,as with world economies crashing people have limits to what they can spend on luxuries like statues.

I doubt the Avengers dio will start coming out until sometime in 2024....after the AoA line.
Chelseaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 08:43 PM   #14
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelseaboy View Post
They still have nine X-Men statues from the Sentinel X-Men dio to make yet...there's no rush to announce new ones,but they have with Sinister to let people know the line hasn't been ended.

There aren't that many characters left to do now anyway....Banshee,Polaris,Dazzler,Shatterstar,Toad,Avalanche,Longshot,Sun-fire,stand-alone Jubilee and Kitty Pryde maybe ..i'm struggling to think of any others.

They haven't announced any new DC comic version characters for a while either..just Scarecrow...but i doubt they're finished with those either with four still to be made from previous announcements.The Aquaman and Joker deluxe statues were announced ages ago and have only recently come out.

The reality is they are doing more and more different statue projects,which means new statues coming out from any particular licences will be slower,as with world economies crashing people have limits to what they can spend on luxuries like statues.

I doubt the Avengers dio will start coming out until sometime in 2024....after the AoA line.
Good points, and I do agree with you. I guess I should be clearer and say that I do think IS is done with the majority of this X-Men line, but that doesn't mean they can't release more sporadic pieces here and there. You are right that they still need to release a bunch of pieces they shown. Heck I don't think Apocalypse is even out yet. But they were just so gung ho with everything from the minute they showed off the first 3 Sentinel Dio's, to quickly announcing (and showing) all the proximity pieces. It was beyond crazy and exciting. I guess to expect that level to keep up was a bit much to ask.

AoA will be next year I think. And you are right, This Thanos line will be MAYBE 2024, if not 2025. IS has so much on their plate.
Old 12-03-2022, 10:46 PM   #15
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I remember IS asked which characters should be included in their final batch of the X-Men Sentinel line in their social media some time ago. So I believe we're seeing the tail end of the line.

But yeah I agree with everyone that IS has large backlog of statues on their hands. I have yet to hear news about the Mandalorian Luke Skywalker I PO'd over a year ago.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 09:42 PM   #16
Infinite GLORY

Bumping this as apparently it was talked about at todays inside day. Still looking forward to see this play out. Has potential.
Old 07-19-2023, 04:13 PM   #17
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 07:10 PM   #18
Infinite GLORY

Finally. Feel like this ones taking awhile. Hopefully the face on this is good.
Old 07-19-2023, 11:36 PM   #19
SONICobra
Bane

They have a reel of this on Instagram- says it’s 1/4 scale, doesn’t look very good imo. The colors are very bright, some of the suit textures are very busy, costume elements are very clunky and the face from what I can tell has too much of an animated vibe. BUT it could just be a bad video with bad lighting. could be, but probably not
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 08:28 AM   #20
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
They have a reel of this on Instagram- says it?s 1/4 scale, doesn?t look very good imo. The colors are very bright, some of the suit textures are very busy, costume elements are very clunky and the face from what I can tell has too much of an animated vibe. BUT it could just be a bad video with bad lighting. could be, but probably not
That one you are talking about IS 1/4, but is based on this 1/10 line. That one has real jewels in the gauntlet and I'm not sure if that is just a piece they did for the con or if it will be for sale. Either way that one has a separate thread.

I'm assuming that will be the same piece/pose as this one though. And yea that face is terrible. BUT, if they follow the prototype sketch posted in the first few posts, the 1/10 is a "deluxe" version and includes a switch out arm and a total of 3 heads. So hopefully they can get atleast 1 head right lol.