Statue Forum 





Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2022, 04:38 PM   #211
Rauko
Fantastic Four
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Actually, they are the same company(basically) with the same owner.
That's wrong. ECC is owned by Steve Wang while Cinemaquette is owned by George Sohn. However they are pretty close with many overlaps because of the tight connection between the two.
Rauko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 08:54 AM   #212
67L88Stingray
Defenders
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauko View Post
That's wrong. ECC is owned by Steve Wang while Cinemaquette is owned by George Sohn. However they are pretty close with many overlaps because of the tight connection between the two.
No, you are wrong. Steve just works for George on some projects. Those companies(and more) as well as the factories are owned by George.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 05:41 AM   #213
tupuxuara
Frackin!
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 28
Hello dear collectors. This T-rex is the first maquette I buy from this company. They claim that this statue will be released in the latter part of 2022, that means November or late December, so in 2 months theoretically it should be in my collection? What experience have you had with this company in the past? What they support most of the time actually happens? I ask if there are delays?
tupuxuara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 09:03 PM   #214
azurepred
Firestorm
 
azurepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Cinemaquette is ECC's North American distributor, I don't think you can buy from ECC direct.
Correct, we have never been able to purchase directly from the ECC website. CM is the only official American distributor for their products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
No, you are wrong. Steve just works for George on some projects. Those companies(and more) as well as the factories are owned by George.
I disagree. Even the ECC page says Wang supervises and approves each project. It's no coincidence that almost every single license done in the first few years of the company were all from movies he directly worked on.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 01:06 AM   #215
wpmedia
Fantastic Four
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 87










Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CjA99MyK34l/
wpmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 04:01 AM   #216
tupuxuara
Frackin!
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 28
They changed the pupils of the eyes. It looks like it came out of a cartoon. Showed so badly, that I am extremely reserved if I will cancel this statue or not. How can you present something at the beginning, and then show us something absolutely horrible? Totally disappointed, especially since it is not a cheap statue
tupuxuara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 04:03 AM   #217
tupuxuara
Frackin!
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 28
The difference
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	t-rex.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	344.2 KB
ID:	154063   Click image for larger version

Name:	t-rex2.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	215.3 KB
ID:	154064  
tupuxuara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 04:51 AM   #218
cocomonk22
The Herculoids
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 450
The Instagram post says those pictures are from when it was work in progress and not the final design.
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 12:38 PM   #219
Blade3327
The X-Men
 
Blade3327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: US
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupuxuara View Post
They changed the pupils of the eyes. It looks like it came out of a cartoon. Showed so badly, that I am extremely reserved if I will cancel this statue or not. How can you present something at the beginning, and then show us something absolutely horrible? Totally disappointed, especially since it is not a cheap statue
Judging by the look of the eye and the overall lightness of the body color, I think the statue in those BTS photos is the SDCC prototype. It's out of date at this point.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 02:32 PM   #220
Steve evans
Justice League
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 298
If it was available at a reasonable price in the UK I think they would've sold more. I like it but not for 2100GBP!
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com