Statue Forum 





Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2022, 08:50 AM   #241
darren1228
Kingpin
 
darren1228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Taipei
Posts: 5,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
I will be getting the T.rex as well as the bronze skeleton. Didn't care much for the other pieces, yet I am hopeful those will do well. I would love to see more JP releases from ECC in the near future.
I'm pretty jealous! The bronze skeleton and baby rex hatching are already sold out. So maybe we will see even more pieces for the 30th anniversary next year!

I want a spitter maquette!
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 01:05 PM   #242
Blue Sphinx
Frackin!
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
I'm pretty jealous! The bronze skeleton and baby rex hatching are already sold out. So maybe we will see even more pieces for the 30th anniversary next year!

I want a spitter maquette!
Agreed, I would love to see them do a bunch of the maquettes, like the raptor, spitter, and even brachiosaurus. Basically do what Chronicle was starting to do with them but better haha
Blue Sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 05:29 PM   #243
darren1228
Kingpin
 
darren1228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Taipei
Posts: 5,234
Would you guys want dinos that are in-scale or ones with more details? I’m thinking 1/12 velociraptors and spitters would be too small. Thoughts?
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 06:17 PM   #244
Blade3327
The X-Men
 
Blade3327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: US
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Would you guys want dinos that are in-scale or ones with more details? I?m thinking 1/12 velociraptors and spitters would be too small. Thoughts?
Bigger scales for the smaller ones.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:10 PM   #245
Blue Sphinx
Frackin!
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 44
Yeah really I think these deserve to be of a decent size so you can appreciate them in all the detail that SWS put into these. Making them in-scale like Iron Studios did is mildly interesting at first but it doesn't add any real artistic value IMO. And for the smaller ones like the raptor and spitter, it just makes them look like toys.

In my mind the original maquettes will always be the ideal size, not too big but big enough. Just incredible, the amount of talent and work that went into these...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C-NcOO6XcAEfyb5.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	154363   Click image for larger version

Name:	I00000e.UwMakYzQ.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	714.2 KB
ID:	154364   Click image for larger version

Name:	I0000eGSz6HBwUXk.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	290.9 KB
ID:	154365   Click image for larger version

Name:	I0000IaBqBSPaD_Q.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	303.8 KB
ID:	154366   Click image for larger version

Name:	I0000GdLKiQJZRxs.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	844.1 KB
ID:	154367  

Blue Sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 11:18 PM   #246
darren1228
Kingpin
 
darren1228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Taipei
Posts: 5,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Bigger scales for the smaller ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sphinx View Post
Yeah really I think these deserve to be of a decent size so you can appreciate them in all the detail that SWS put into these. Making them in-scale like Iron Studios did is mildly interesting at first but it doesn't add any real artistic value IMO. And for the smaller ones like the raptor and spitter, it just makes them look like toys.

In my mind the original maquettes will always be the ideal size, not too big but big enough. Just incredible, the amount of talent and work that went into these...
Gotta concur with you guys! Man that Dilophasaurus maquette looks awesome (even without his frills open). The gallimimus looks tops as well.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 05:05 PM   #247
Steve evans
Justice League
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 298
I've found a couple of companies still willing to accept pre-orders for this item?? I thought the pre-order option had closed. The ECC website states sold out, wait list only. Not sure what to do, really tempted but don't want to get stung
Steve evans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 05:16 PM   #248
67L88Stingray
Defenders
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve evans View Post
I've found a couple of companies still willing to accept pre-orders for this item?? I thought the pre-order option had closed. The ECC website states sold out, wait list only. Not sure what to do, really tempted but don't want to get stung
If the retailers are legit they probably just have a large allocation and haven't sold all theirs yet. It is quite common for the manufacturer to sell out long before retailers.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 06:23 PM   #249
Steve evans
Justice League
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
If the retailers are legit they probably just have a large allocation and haven't sold all theirs yet. It is quite common for the manufacturer to sell out long before retailers.
Thanks, that's encouraging to know.
Steve evans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 04:46 PM   #250
Themarkmail
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve evans View Post
I've found a couple of companies still willing to accept pre-orders for this item?? I thought the pre-order option had closed. The ECC website states sold out, wait list only. Not sure what to do, really tempted but don't want to get stung
Same here, ordered one day after ended, wishlist. Hope to have a chance. Any advice of another US sellers beside Cinemaquette ?
Thanks!
Themarkmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com