Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-01-2022, 11:59 AM   #28881
ukshaun
Hercules

Thor: Love and Thunder (2022)
6/10

Given the various reviews, I went into this expecting not much. It turned out to be much better than that. I would place Thor: Love and Thunder higher than the bland Thor 2 and the joke-fest that was Thor 3. Thor 4 did not turn out to be the joke-fest some had implied. It does go out of it's way not to take itself too seriously. Gorr (Christian Bale) is excellent, and reminded me of a bald Marilyn Manson. I have to be honest, I cannot see me watching Thor: Love and Thunder a second time.

The End credits are rather entertaining..

I guess they did some sort of deal with Guns N'Roses, as Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, Sweet Child O' Mine and November Rain all play during the movie. During one scene, hung on a wall, is the art work for the album Appetite for Destruction (from which 3 of the above mentioned tracks originate)
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 01:11 PM   #28882
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

The best part of the movie for me was the GNR music.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 03:42 PM   #28883
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
The best part of the movie for me was the GNR music.

I was not sure what to make of the music choice. It's all too easy (lazy even) to add classic tracks to boost the visuals.
Admittedly GN'R does pair well with action scenes.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:42 PM   #28884
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

If they're not going to produce a great movie, then I at least want to listen to some great music to ease my suffering. I thought the film was ok at best, but I'm not a big fan of the humor they've forced into the Thor movies.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 02:19 PM   #28885
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

On Body and Soul (2017) - When slaughterhouse workers Endre and Maria discover they share the same dreams, where they meet in a forest as deer and fall in love, they decide to make their dreams come true, but it's difficult in real life.

This is a charming love story between two misfits, but most memorable for me were the not simulated scenes at the abattoir where they worked. This was the first time I've seen the disclaimer stating animals were indeed harmed during the making of a film outside of documentaries. 8/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 06:01 PM   #28886
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Violent Night 9/10 Much better than I was thinking it was going to be. Will make this a yearly watch at Christmas
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 10:24 AM   #28887
ukshaun
Hercules

Bullet Train (2022)
4/10

47mins into the movie I stopped watching.. (i had already given up on once (..or was it twice?) during that time)
Brad Pitt is his usual good self, making the most of the script he had to work with. The setting, onboard a Bullet Train adds a level of interest.
The movie looks colorful. Bullet Train comes across like a live action cartoon.

Bullet Train comes across like it was made by someone who has watched a ton of movies and borrowed various ideas. There is nothing new in doing this, as i recall Quentin Tarantino being inspired, as I am sure other movie makers are, by existing movies.

Tangerine and Lemon, two hitmen who like to chat silly small talk. It failed to work, as the script was lacking. The idea is there, as Tarantino did it with Pulp Fiction. John Travolta and Samuel Jackson talking Quarter Pounder with Cheese, who could forget that? Bullet Train comes across at times like a Tarantino wannabe.

All in all, I had high hopes for Bullet Train. Ultimately, I found it too tedious to stick with.
Maybe tonight I will find the motivation to finish it.
Old 12-04-2022, 11:06 PM   #28888
statman
Baron Zemo

Bullet Train - 6/10

I Expected better. I really wanted to see this in the theater, but now I’m glad I waited.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 06:11 PM   #28889
ukshaun
Hercules

Bullet Train (2022)
5/10

Something about this movie failed to hold my attention.
Fact is, i returned to it 7 times to reach The End if only to find out what it was about.
With a run time of about 2hrs, it failed over and over to hold my attention.
In the end, i took it for what it was, a silly, daft, stupid, reasonably well made no brainer of a movie.
The Bullet Train cgi looked rather good.

I raised the score from 4 to 5/10
Old 12-06-2022, 08:58 PM   #28890
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Smokie and the Bandit (1977) staring now deceased Burt Reynolds it?s a rather simple story of bootlegging alcohol across state lines when he comes across Sally Fields who is a run away bride trying to evade her would be husband and his determined father. It?s pretty dated now for the time it was shot and for some of the car stunts alone it deserves a 6/10, entertaining.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote