Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-02-2019, 07:37 AM   #981
Platty
Fantastic Four

Beast. Can’t wait to get mine. The blood on the bat is a nice touch!!
Platty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:10 AM   #982
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Marvelous Statues FB has some REALLY clear in hand shots of this piece.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:38 PM   #983
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
Collecting friends: Search the stick of the KINGPIN

And Punisher is singing...
"REMEMBER...DIAMANDS ARE FOREVER...KINGPIN !"
Punisher, that is some really good work, but I would like to make a suggestion? I would remove the Kingpin cane from his eye socket and place it back on the ground (bloody of course!), but leave an additional piece of broken-off cane in his socket, but a shorter piece, which will make it look less cartoon, more realistic.

As for the Kingpin head(?), you should make the intact eye have a more "dead" look/paint app, with the side of his skull & face slightly bashed, showing the bat beating aftermath.

Just a thought.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:16 PM   #984
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Nice idea. I made the stick removable... so thats no problem to do a broken part in the eye and the original on the base. It would not need blood at broken part. QUESTION: Why of cause bloody, when broken of and the rest of the broken stiick is in his eye?

I thought about a damaged eye... but I thought it would be too much damage to the Kingpin head. It is always a challenge not to use too much blood, beaten up,...

Also for me the Kingpin would not do a open mouth or silly looking after blown out of the world... cause he is THE KINGPIN and would not do anything looking weak. Even he is going to die.

Will customizing the stick at the weekend. Have a look and THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AROUND AND THE INPUT!
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:55 PM   #985
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
Nice idea. I made the stick removable... so thats no problem to do a broken part in the eye and the original on the base. It would not need blood at broken part. QUESTION: Why of cause bloody, when broken of and the rest of the broken stiick is in his eye?

I thought about a damaged eye... but I thought it would be too much damage to the Kingpin head. It is always a challenge not to use too much blood, beaten up,...

Also for me the Kingpin would not do a open mouth or silly looking after blown out of the world... cause he is THE KINGPIN and would not do anything looking weak. Even he is going to die.

Will customizing the stick at the weekend. Have a look and THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AROUND AND THE INPUT!

I figure that when the stick is stuck in Kingpin's eye, there would be some blood splatter on the stick, even after broken off & left on the ground. Of course it would depend on how long a piece of wood/stick you will be adding to the eye socket, which could effect the "blood splatter" suggestion.

Again, great work, & will definitely check-out what you will be concocting.

P.S. Another suggestion would be to have a blood trail (subtle if you wish) going down the stairs, suggesting Punisher kicked kingpin's head down the stairs. I would also try and position the head sitting slightly more horizontally on the ground, which would look more realistic, as it is positioned too upright and perfect right now, hence my suggestion to murky-up the open eye to add more macabre/realism to the composition.

P.P.S. A few barbed wire gashes on face & scalp of Kingpin would/could help complete the narrative. Too much blood? Remember, you have a severed head on your base, so no, not too much. Good luck!
Old 12-03-2019, 11:36 PM   #986
andry
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Pardon me if Im stupid... isn't that Goro's head? Why everyone keeps saying it is kingpin's head? but its a nice touch especially the bloody bat. Congrats on this beautiful piece.
andry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:36 AM   #987
koflach
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I finally got to pick mine up today and am very pleased with it. No, it's not identical to the prototype but it's a great piece on its own. The M40 (I think that's the gun) is huge and the small details really make this statue come to life. Overall, i'm very happy with it.
koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:04 PM   #988
punisher2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by andry View Post
Pardon me if Im stupid... isn't that Goro's head? Why everyone keeps saying it is kingpin's head? but its a nice touch especially the bloody bat. Congrats on this beautiful piece.
Good eye! Goros head looks very close to Kingpin, so I modified Goros head a little and it comes very close to a Kingpin version.

@Divo: So far I made everything can be UNDONE. The stick is not glues, The blood of KINGPIN is fixed to the head and not glued or painted to the base. I like the idea of more blood but I also know from other projects that too much blood can ruin a Statue. Even with Sub Zero, Conan, ... too much blood is not good.
I will try the broken stick and will also do some customizing weapons soon.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:07 AM   #989
punisher2000

Dear DIVO, here it is so far. I am still not happy with the blood on the ground. But the idea of the original stick on the ground and the other part inside Kingpins head was a good idea.

I painted the other part of the original stick from black into a brown wood. To paint the broken parts all black like the original would take the BROKERN effect in my opinion. The orinal stick alone works all in black. But not the two parts.

So here it is so far, enjoy:

Old 12-08-2019, 06:29 PM   #990
Divo

Great work, Kingpin has been punished.