Old 11-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #133
BillC
Hellboy

Good
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #134
kirthew
Zot

Had to put my two cents on that forum. I still wonder what the hell he was thinking with that facial expression on Zatanna. She looks positively stupid there. Cross-eyed and stupid. Everything below the head is fantastic, but that head, I could never display that in my office, I would be ashamed of it.
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #135
Underdog07
Hercules

Good stuff.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #136
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

awesome that it got some publicity.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 PM   #137
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Word is Jason's middle name is "Classy"; I can't say that I'm surprised.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #138
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Posting the full article. I am glad this clown is getting the press he deserves. This is wrong and a terrible way to do business. So much for disreputable business practices not having an impact on an artist and those who might hire them. Jason has damaged his reputation with the way he has taken people’s money. Only time will tell if he is able to repair his reputation by making right with all the people who paid him for artwork. It is good to see some publicity on this sham of a commission list.
This site is linked from the article so this will get read. Feel free to post if you are waiting for something from Jason.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/...and-be-damned/

Commission And Be Damned

Lots of comic book artists take private commissions for work, often using trademarked characters they’ve worked on, often charging hundreds, even thousands of dollars. It can pay better than a publisher page rate, and the more successful you are as a comic artist, the more you can charge.

But over the last few years, there seems to have been an increase in the amount of commissions that just aren’t being delivered, or delayed for years. Artists take on more than their schedule allows, their regular work takes precedence, and those who have paid upfront are left hanging. Some customers seem unwilling to talk openly, afraid it will affect the quality of the work, or its eventual arrival. But sometimes it spills out publicly.

Take the comic art message board is a comic statue forum. Where the artist Jason Craig, known for his work on Wildstorm and Dynamite comics, currently artist on Evil Ernie, posted his appeal this time last year. It all went wrong, for him and for his commissioners, and a year later no one seems to have received a completed piece, though we’ve seen an unfinished Zatanana piece aboce, with Craig citing sick relatives, his own sickness, raising five kids, house troubles, money being stolen from him, splitting up with his partner but keeping her debt, losing his house, living in a lot, and losing his Paypal and bank account.

Which doesn’t of course change the fact that he accepted money for services he has been unable to deliver.

But he’s not alone here, although the reasons he cites seem to be rather extreme in comparison. There are more and more artists it seems, who are willing to take on commissions on top of their scheduled work without fully thinking through how they can fit it all in… or sometimes just not even caring. I’ve covered a number in the past but I’m starting to encounter more and more.

And with Christmas coming up and people trying to plan that special gift, be warned, it’s just possible you might not even get it for next Christmas…

CAF

Last edited by JadeGiant; 11-29-2012 at 10:33 AM.
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #139
zommah
Fantastic Four

good stuff.
zommah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #140
Underdog07
Hercules

Judging by the silence on this topic, I assume that Jason still has not attempted to make amends despite teh bad publicity. Really thats just sad
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote