Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 09-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #51
Mean Green
Fantomah

I'm hoping the fact that Jason came here is good news for those that commissioned him in the hope that he will eventually honor the work owed, and not just him buying himself time to get the publishers off his ass... this is all just very unfortunate for all parties involved.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #52
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

ok, once again I am just floored at how long this has drug out.

Kyle, you sir are one of the good guys and thank you for trying to keep this on the burner so to speak so Jason cannot just walk away from his commisions.

I realize that there is at least 5 to 10 folks on here involved with this overly long wait for their art. I also guess that his rates are in the $200 range? so we are talking a few grand. Is that not grand theft in most states?

Jason, you have brought this upon yourself by taking folks hard earned money and spending it before delivering the paid for art. This reflects poorly on you and only you. No other person is responsible for your actions. Hard times, good times every person here has them at some point or another.

We understand things happen and try to make accomodations to assist those that are dealing with issues. but those are the artist that communicate throughout the process. NOT those that make excuses after the fact (true or not).

I could as a moderator close this thread but will not do so, nor will I allow others to close it. The collectors out there need to be able to find out this information about artists such as yourself that take money and do not deliver in a timely fashion, and only give excuses.

If I was in your shoes I would be working towars refunding folks in instalments if I had to. I would also send them a published page of whatever you are working on to mend fences. The folks may not like the character but it gives them the ability to sell it to recoup more of their loss. DUDE JUST MAKE IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Oh one other thing. last guy that effed over a lot of folks here did loose future work especially once we got the thread to the front page of google search on his name.

My grandfather taught me a long time ago in business, if you make one person happy they will tell three people about that fact. If you piss a person off they will tell ten people. Looks like there are a few hundred that know about this and it will spread.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #53
kirthew
Zot

I am still waiting to hear from mommy about being added to the list of bills you need to pay... We are going on almost a year now and I just have this fugggly looking zatanna image in my head and posted on this board to show for it. I don't have the time to email you every day... Buy if I did I would. So have mommy send me an email and I will give her my info.
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #54
logan1478
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

it's like going to a restaurant, ordering a steak, waiting three days for it to be cooked while the chef spends an inordinate amount of time talking to the customers about his life, dying of starvation, and then having a steak AND lobster be promised to your lifeless corpse, because the chef wants to give you 'more than you paid for'...he just doesn't seem to get that no one wants to wait for more unfulfilled promises. And seriously, sketch instead of writing incoherent novels!
logan1478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #55
blink90210
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

My suggestions are -
Jason Craig 2: Electric Pickle-oo
or
Jason Craig 2: The Jasoning
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #56
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I've been down to Miner's Hardware, and have purchased torches for everyone. I could only afford one pitchfork, regrettably.

The Crow flies at Midnight; Ca-Caw! Ca-Caw!
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #57
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I laughed when I saw the thread have a title change...again

Sadly I doubt he'll ever be back to see it
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #58
BillC
Hellboy

lol at the thread title change!

My only complaint is that there should have been a contest for who could come up with the best new title
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #59
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Well you can tell your editor to rest easy since you don't actually do commissions.
This is the best post in the thread
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:40 PM   #60
Underdog07
Hercules

Jason did succeed in taking the heat off of Ian Walker
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote