Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

View Poll Results: Would you buy a 1:1 Stargate Prop Replica if Chronicle Made it?
Yes, Count me in 21 55.26%
No, I would have to pass 12 31.58%
I am undecided 5 13.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2015, 06:07 PM   #1
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

If Chronicle Made a 1:1 Stargate Ra Mask Prop Replica Would you Buy It?

I would have a hard time passing on Ra even though I currently don't have the room to display it. Something in my collection would have to go to make room for it.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:28 PM   #2
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

um they are making it,,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Anubis, Horus and Ra are all in the works....

Pre-finished pieces only and we don't have a price set, but we are shooting for $1300.

Paul
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:36 PM   #3
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

DM, Paul indicated in another more recent comment that interest in Ra wasn't as high as the other two masks so it might be quite a while before Ra gets made. I decided to start a poll to gauge interest in a Ra mask prop replica if Chronicle made one. Hopefully it might convince Paul to consider making Ra sooner than is currently planned.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:59 PM   #4
thedarkknight77
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Who's the Master?? Sho-Ra!! I said who's the master??? Sho-Ra!! Count me in men! Let's get this done!
thedarkknight77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:28 AM   #5
Felmar
Fantastic Four
Adamantium Member

Yes!
Felmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:02 PM   #6
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I've put yes BUT:

I would really like it if these pieces could be spaced out a bit for a few reasons i.e.

a) they are fairly high priced and as with most of us here I have a number of things that I'd like to get across the board (ideally I'd like to focus on Chronicle and XM now given the poor quality of SS).
b) I'll probably get beheaded (and end up being displayed next to these pieces) if my wife sees three of these things turning up in quick succession
c) Paul has indicated a number of pieces that I would likely put above this one e.g. the Glaive, any ghostbusters props, 1/4 anubis etc.

absolutely make it though. Once people start seeing Anubis and then Horus they'll pee their pants and jump on board! Still mega chuffed that I made the decision to get anubis. Its the single most expensive piece I've bought to date but it just looks out of this world (no pun intended!).
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:53 AM   #7
qz33
Doctor Doom

^ I'm not too worried about schedule so spaced out is fine but eventually I want them all. 4 years down the isn't going to cut it.

Hearing such negative news so early gives me regrets.
I wonder how well Anubis sold compared to Chronicle's other offerings?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 01:52 AM   #8
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
DM, Paul indicated in another more recent comment that interest in Ra wasn't as high as the other two masks so it might be quite a while before Ra gets made. I decided to start a poll to gauge interest in a Ra mask prop replica if Chronicle made one. Hopefully it might convince Paul to consider making Ra sooner than is currently planned.
aahh i see, i missed his more recent comment.
well if i were to buy any of the replica masks. i would def be wanting to get Ra. its the most impressive and interesting piece out of the three IMO.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:22 AM   #9
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
I've put yes BUT:

I would really like it if these pieces could be spaced out a bit for a few reasons i.e.

a) they are fairly high priced and as with most of us here I have a number of things that I'd like to get across the board (ideally I'd like to focus on Chronicle and XM now given the poor quality of SS).
b) I'll probably get beheaded (and end up being displayed next to these pieces) if my wife sees three of these things turning up in quick succession
c) Paul has indicated a number of pieces that I would likely put above this one e.g. the Glaive, any ghostbusters props, 1/4 anubis etc.

absolutely make it though. Once people start seeing Anubis and then Horus they'll pee their pants and jump on board! Still mega chuffed that I made the decision to get anubis. Its the single most expensive piece I've bought to date but it just looks out of this world (no pun intended!).
You make some good points, Bob. Realistically, most collectors could probably only afford one of these large masks per year so I think a good strategy is to do Anubis this year (already on PO), Horus next year, and Ra in 2017. I think by the time Ra hits the PO stage people that have both Anubis and Horus in hand will be clamoring for it to complete the set and it should sell well at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
aahh i see, i missed his more recent comment.
well if i were to buy any of the replica masks. i would def be wanting to get Ra. its the most impressive and interesting piece out of the three IMO.
Ra definitely is a striking piece fore sure, DM.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:23 PM   #10
Fremen
Birds of Prey

I would but they would have to be spaced out so that flex payments wouldn't overlap.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote