Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-10-2016, 01:10 PM   #111
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Don't know...no one knows currently.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:38 PM   #112
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus000 View Post
That's cool no worries. Like I said before, Transformers is kind of something I live and breath daily. I hold a lot of these characters close to my heart.

I'm sure you feel the same passion for Comic Books and the characters in them the way I feel about Transformers.
Oh the 80s stuff is what I like more than comics. Tf, motu, Gi joe, she-ra, thundercats, and Voltron are my favorites. As for tf statues I'm liking the IA versions more than prime 1 so far. To me they seem more g1. I'm excited to see what xm's will look like compared to IA g1.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:11 PM   #113
Lotus000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Oh the 80s stuff is what I like more than comics. Tf, motu, Gi joe, she-ra, thundercats, and Voltron are my favorites. As for tf statues I'm liking the IA versions more than prime 1 so far. To me they seem more g1. I'm excited to see what xm's will look like compared to IA g1.
Very cool. I played with GI joes just never collected them. Kind of feel bad for those that are serious about Joe since it doesn't seem like that much is out there as far as new stuff to collect. Hasbro seems to not care.

As for Thundercats, the cartoon was great along with the Real Ghostbusters. They actually hold up pretty well if you try to watch them today.

Voltron was good too, I watched a couple episodes of the new Netflix show. I need to watch more but it's not drawing me in yet.

As for any of these company's Making Transformers Statues, I'm just not sure they will capture people like me who are active Transformers collectors. I would really like to see them have a worldwide license and produce a run of Diorama series of the Ark and Teletran one as I depicted in my last few posts. That would draw in the G1 Transformers toy collectors into the statue realm. All we have right now along the diorama lines is from a company called reprolables who not only sells sticker sheets but cardboard high res backdrops from the G1 cartoon for our shelves.
Lotus000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 04:59 PM   #114
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Very cool. I played with GI joes just never collected them. Kind of feel bad for those that are serious about Joe since it doesn't seem like that much is out there as far as new stuff to collect. Hasbro seems to not care.

As for Thundercats, the cartoon was great along with the Real Ghostbusters. They actually hold up pretty well if you try to watch them today.

Voltron was good too, I watched a couple episodes of the new Netflix show. I need to watch more but it's not drawing me in yet.

As for any of these company's Making Transformers Statues, I'm just not sure they will capture people like me who are active Transformers collectors. I would really like to see them have a worldwide license and produce a run of Diorama series of the Ark and Teletran one as I depicted in my last few posts. That would draw in the G1 Transformers toy collectors into the statue realm. All we have right now along the diorama lines is from a company called reprolables who not only sells sticker sheets but cardboard high res backdrops from the G1 cartoon for our shelves.
XM has a huge XMen dio so I wouldn't count something like this out....don't give up so easily.

I think what's more a possiblity though is dioramas of TFs. Who the heck would not want a Predaking vs. Skylynx dio? I sure as hell would.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:49 PM   #115
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
I will admit that I do not read any comics. Which is weird because I love Toys, and Statues of Comic Characters.
I'm sure you've heard the chatter, seriously, do yourself a favour and pick up The Last Stand of the Wreckers and then dig into the More than Meets the Eye series. You won't regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Tracks will more than likely be done. Xm taps deep into the catalogue of licenses.
They will never get enough characters done to keep me happy

I want them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I think what's more a possiblity though is dioramas of TFs. Who the heck would not want a Predaking vs. Skylynx dio? I sure as hell would.
I'd love both, either as stand alone or as a diorama.

Or say something like the 5 Terrorcons arranged around the front with Abominus standing behind them.... Likewise for all combiners?
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:34 AM   #116
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

"Transformers G1 in XM Premium Collectibles Series coming soon..."

XM Studios Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:11 PM   #117
KELPIE
New Republic

Wooo - Bring it!!
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 03:49 PM   #118
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
"Transformers G1 in XM Premium Collectibles Series coming soon..."
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 05:32 AM   #119
Rquiem
Birdman

Anyone know what usually the timeframe for the first teaser/prototype pictures is?

I was debating on the Prime1 version but want to wait the XM pictures before I make up my mind.
Rquiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:01 PM   #120
Restinpieces
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post
Perfect gif!
Restinpieces is offline   Reply With Quote