Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-09-2020, 03:52 AM   #561
ukshaun
Hercules

The base design for Chun-Li 1/3 never made sense to me. Not that that stopped me picking up Alpha

With Cammy, it appears PCS have had no choice but to continue with the same logic as Chun-Li.
The Cammy base has a scale of it's own, a scale that does not match the statue, but pays tribute to the game.

Personally i would have preferred it if they have recreated a section of flooring inspired by the game, and in keeping with the same scale as the statue.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 03:59 AM   #562
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
My bad.. I thought they were all $925. Why is classic $25 more?
That makes no sense. Classic appears to require less work than the other two?
Old 03-09-2020, 07:41 AM   #563
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
You think Cammy will be sold out as quick as Chunner?
Hard to say. I'm sure a lot of people would like this set but I'm not sure how many are willing or can afford to drop $2700 for it.
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 09:02 AM   #564
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
That makes no sense. Classic appears to require less work than the other two?
Demand sets the Price. They know most of their customers are going to get the classic cammy no matter what, so why not charge a little more
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 09:21 AM   #565
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
Demand sets the Price. They know most of their customers are going to get the classic cammy no matter what, so why not charge a little more
IMHO this is not even the worst part! imagine being a decapre fan and have to buy the EVO because you want the light up???
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 09:27 AM   #566
jac1066
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
I was wondering why classic is more too. For Chun Li, her classic outfit was $25 more but I assumed it was because that was the most labor intensive outfit (at least in my non-professional opinion). I would think Decapre's outfit here would be the more labor intensive one....
I remember Jerry posting that Chun Li was going to be expensive because of the costume. Classic Was going to cost a little more because of all of the an intricate embroidery work. As for Cammy I don't see any reason why classic would cost more, Unless the paintwork cost more than the costuming? Classic has the most exposed body. Decapre Has the most complex costume of the 3 not and a second swap out portrait.

I think the variants are $25 cheaper because PCS knows they won't be as popular as the classic.
jac1066 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:47 PM   #567
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
I was wondering why classic is more too. For Chun Li, her classic outfit was $25 more but I assumed it was because that was the most labor intensive outfit (at least in my non-professional opinion). I would think Decapre's outfit here would be the more labor intensive one....
A slightly higher price for Chun-Li Classic made complete sense, as the outfit appeared to require more work than the other two. Cammy Classic appears to be the complete opposite, as the other two appear to require more work when it comes to the mixed media. Classic has more detailed boots, although that's simply a cast issue, as the paint appears to be black.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:17 PM   #568
No1
The Avengers

I liked all 3, but for nostalgic reasons I'll prefer classic, just don't like the price

$950 is a lot for me, sad... I remember not a long time ago 1/3 MK statues are like $700... so, why $250 more?

the bridge it's very tiny, looks like if she move a little she will fall, a little strange you can't fight in such tiny bridge, but I get the idea, from the classic stage and all
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 10:43 PM   #569
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
The base design for Chun-Li 1/3 never made sense to me. Not that that stopped me picking up Alpha

With Cammy, it appears PCS have had no choice but to continue with the same logic was Chun-Li.
The Cammy base has a scale of it's own, a scale that does not match the statue, but pays tribute to the game.

Personally i would have preferred it if they have recreated a section of flooring inspired by the game, and in keeping with the same scale as the statue.
Same here. I really didn't like her base as well. but the classic costume is a must have for me, as it is her most iconic costume. Her stage is always like a street scene or a market, I wonder why they didn't take reference on those.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 01:07 AM   #570
kansas
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

"After every happiness comes misery."
Goodbye Lord of Outworld, Welcome Princess Decapre.
kansas is offline   Reply With Quote