Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-07-2019, 09:06 PM   #1011
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
Wow....2 months...2 weeks is already my max max and usually theres been a couple of exchanges by then with the replacement being sent out just about 2 weeks.

You musta done something to them to get the 2 months treatment.
I blame Santa

It was around Christmas lol, but yes -two months was unacceptable. Which is why I got so angry with them.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 09:11 PM   #1012
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
I blame Santa

It was around Christmas lol, but yes -two months was unacceptable. Which is why I got so angry with them.
not sure how you can repair that relationship
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:11 AM   #1013
rjszar

I decided to put in a request for a new base just to be on the safe side. Have to see if I can remove the edition placard from the bottom if they have me destroy it. I hate when numbers don't match and I got a low number on this one #25.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:40 AM   #1014
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
It's hard for me to tell if there is a "gap". I'm sure that piece was separate and glued in place, but mine looks like it has a proper fit. Really don't know. I can live with the fix I did, but I wonder if I should ask for a new base too.
Oh trust me..you will notice the gap if there is one.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:13 PM   #1015
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Got mine in the mail and I feel bad since a friend got it for me, but eyes are really bad, hair pieces are broken off and she won't even go into the base cause the left foot hits the tubes.

Now he's got to go and put in a claim etc. and I really loved this piece too. The ex head is painted great. the reg is a nightmare. even the hair pieces that are broken off were just painted over, so they didn't even fix them or put in a clean head.
How come you not just fixing them yourself, you are Vince Vell after all!
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:32 PM   #1016
Agent_J.Warren
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Oh trust me..you will notice the gap if there is one.
KaraFan - I talked to Sideshow today. They were unaware of the base issue, but it sounds like she had so many QC issues that she's back in production. I expressed my concerns about replacements being unavailable (as I still have not heard from the returns team) and was informed (more-or-less) that we will all be taken care of, in full, as production waves complete.

There is hope for all of us

We'll likely just have to be verrry patient.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:09 PM   #1017
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I just received my head replacement notice and have been put on this list. Usual, break the old one, send a picture etc. Glad they are doing the right thing with this.

Referred to it as damaged.......that’s an interesting word to use.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:31 PM   #1018
rjszar

Well, I just got an authorization to send my entire statue back. I guess asking for a new base in addition to the new head triggered that. I responded that I would send the whole thing back but only is I wasn't getting someone else's defective return. I said I wanted it checked before shipping out. Watch, I'll end up with nothing in the end.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:45 PM   #1019
tworow2
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrysis View Post
I just received my head replacement notice and have been put on this list. Usual, break the old one, send a picture etc. Glad they are doing the right thing with this.

Referred to it as damaged.......that’s an interesting word to use.
Yeah I got mine this morning too. Seems like standard stuff, but here it is if anyone's curious:

Quote:
Thanks again for taking the time to reach out, and giving us the chance to make this right. I have booked replacement order, (snip), to replace your damaged Collector Edition head. This new order will ship to your address from the original order after being inspected by our internal quality assurance team.

When your new head arrives, please be sure to check that your replacement part(s) are acceptable. If there are no problems, please safely destroy the original part(s) within 5 business days and send me a photo of all destroyed pieces. Be sure to include photos of the item’s edition number should your item have one.

Make sure your item is destroyed beyond reasonable repair. Do not dispose of your item until you have received an email back that the photos have been accepted. Any parts not destroyed, or thrown away prior to the approval of photos, could make you ineligible for replacement parts in the future.

Always use care and precaution when destroying any item (utilizing eye protection, proper footwear, placing the parts in a closed heavy-duty bag, etc). Please do not set your collectible on fire to destroy it. Sideshow Collectibles will not be responsible for any injuries caused by destroying your item, so please make sure you proceed in a safe fashion.

Please reply if you need any additional help!
I haven't had to do this before, I assume I smash it and send photos along with a photo of the bottom of my base for the edition number?
tworow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:05 PM   #1020
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworow2 View Post
Yeah I got mine this morning too. Seems like standard stuff, but here it is if anyone's curious:

I haven't had to do this before, I assume I smash it and send photos along with a photo of the bottom of my base for the edition number?
Wait for the replacement, all you have to send is photos of the part you smash up
House is online now   Reply With Quote