Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-30-2018, 04:24 AM   #111
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
Yikes... Not sure which film this T-Rex is supposed to be from. The proportion and anatomy does not match the JP female. The only thing that works is the head. And the pose is too stiff for P1's standard. Looks like they didn't use the Winston maquette as reference before posting it digitally. It looks ok as is but it's far from how it should look.
Quote:
He did. Here's thing, it's a common knowledge that whoever makes the call on how a product should look at the end it not usually the artist themselves, which explain why this piece and many others companies looks the way it is. Had very high hopes for P1s' stuff based on the images of 1/6 Blue but this particular piece is a huge let down at the moment.
Quote:
A natural walking pose is very beautiful but hard to nail down and have so many things going on when it comes to the muscle tones and a sense of weight shift(head, body and tail). For me, If they did studied a walking cycle from ILM's animation. They picked the plainest frame from it.
Finally.. completely agree with every single word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Paint and sculpt looks much better than Iron Studios.
I prefer the IS version atm. Good pose, a mix of the animatronics, CG model and Tippett rex, well proportioned body and, colorwise:

The latest prototype from IS is the most perfect ever seen since '93.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve evans View Post
this was sculpted by Julien Romeo, who is an absolute perfectionist when it comes to reproducing Jurassic (SWS) dinosaurs.
I have been a fan of his work for more than a decade but to be completely honest he is the reason why i have yet to buy a Chronicle Trike.

And now the reason why i'm not as excited as i should about the best company on the planet doing statues from my favourite movie.
But that's mostly because, after seeing Blue and the Indoraptor, i see Prime 1 not using original models and maquettes for the JP line as a crime against humanity.

Quote:
It would be awesime if P1 uses this model but they did not. Stupid move on P1's end.
I think it may be the same.

And it's uncannily close to the static full size model, just doesn't work well with that pose imo.

Love the goat though, and those plants are much better than IS.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:12 AM   #112
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
It would be awesime if P1 uses this model but they did not. Stupid move on P1's end.
Thats the same model they are using. If you are smart enough you should ask Romeo himself.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:26 AM   #113
Giu3232
Fantastic Four

The base static pose and prime1 trex share indeed a similar base.
Proportions match perfectly the full size animatronic.
Thing is we never saw the full size robot walking or running since it was replaced by cgi in the film when it had to deal with these kind of movement. Cgi version for the film was made scanning the 1/5 scale model which is still inside ilm but it looks different from the full size robot.
The animatronic is more massive specially the legs and people have the habit to see a model with different proportions in movement. You may not like the pose but shape and proportions are accurate to the robot .
Giu3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:37 PM   #114
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
Thats the same model they are using. If you are smart enough you should ask Romeo himself.
He's a friend of mine. If you are smart enough, why don't you ask him how much I know that you do not.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:39 PM   #115
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giu3232 View Post
The base static pose and prime1 trex share indeed a similar base.
Proportions match perfectly the full size animatronic.
Thing is we never saw the full size robot walking or running since it was replaced by cgi in the film when it had to deal with these kind of movement. Cgi version for the film was made scanning the 1/5 scale model which is still inside ilm but it looks different from the full size robot.
The animatronic is more massive specially the legs and people have the habit to see a model with different proportions in movement. You may not like the pose but shape and proportions are accurate to the robot .
Hey Julien, could you educate this Nextlevel99 dude?
Old 07-30-2018, 12:53 PM   #116
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
He's a friend of mine. If you are smart enough, why don't you ask him how much I know that you do not.
Lol what i know more than you for jurassic park.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:04 PM   #117
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Lol what i know more than you for jurassic park.
That's perfect. It will be even better if you work for P1. This is where you get the real feedback. Then again, people love anything they see nowadays. But if you think what is been shown is solid, give me some of the stuff you are smoking.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:10 PM   #118
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
That's perfect. It will be even better if you work for P1. This is where you get the real feedback. Then again, people love anything they see nowadays. Then again, if you think what is been shown is solid, give me some of the stuff you are smoking.
If you dont like please move on something else. All i know Romeo did a fantastic job on this.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:23 PM   #119
Giu3232
Fantastic Four

When i did the static model i took stan winston studio pictures then i calculated the distortion of the lens using the opening of the roof as reference. I did it on several angle to match a perfect side before using symmetry. The bust has a scan base then i used pictures to mask scales and wrinkles using alpha. The complete body was made using camera alignement like we do in zll major vfx studios. I probably still have these distortion test somewhere. I ll try to find them and post them.
Giu3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 01:27 PM   #120
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
If you dont like please move on something else. All i know Romeo did a fantastic job on this.
Why? You don't like people's opinions? You are the one came out telling me to be smart enough, so I just want to be smart enough for you.

I agree that he did a fantastic job(that he could) so as many other things he did. But remember, this is not a one-man job.