Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 09-22-2017, 02:49 PM   #31
HieroJux
Birdman

Got mine today as well. I haven't noticed any flaws yet. (Not sure why pics are sideways lol I didn't take them or post them that way)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0948.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	108236   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0951.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	108237   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0949.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	108238   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0958.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	108239   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0970.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	108240  

Name:	IMG_0971.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	108241   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0965.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	271.8 KB
ID:	108242  
HieroJux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:33 PM   #32
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Got mine in as well. I am glad that her face turned out nice. The base looks good and the whole statue has a nice heft to it. For the price she is a good deal considering the scale and quality. She towers over a lot of my anime statues, many of which are more expensive than her. That being said her paint apps aren't as good. Gun looks awesome and her bodysuit has a nice shine and smoothness to it.

While the face turned out great and there are some nice paint apps to certain parts, on closer inspection I'm a little disappointed in some areas. Specifically, the exposed chest does not look good. The panel lining separating her suit from her chest looks very unprofessional, as though they did not let it dry before handling it. It is somewhat fading and is a light grey at some parts and a pronounced black in others. It looks to have been wiped slightly in parts too. To be honest I notice it even afar as it just doesn't look good. It looks like something you would do on a model kit, not a statue. I'm actually convinced they used an ink pen to do it, or maybe a mechanical pencil. There's also some blemishes and scuff marks around her breasts. Some nicks here and there too. It just seems like they started handling her while the paint was still drying. Nothing major, but it is there.

I'm a little worried about Dva. For Widowmaker the paint apps and overall QC are more than satisfactory at this price and size. For Dva however I would say this same level of paint application would be unacceptable. She is way too expensive for something like that.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:39 PM   #33
supermetroid
Teen Titans

She looks good. It's crazy how different the colors look in the above posts though lol.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:56 PM   #34
HieroJux
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
She looks good. It's crazy how different the colors look in the above posts though lol.
Yeah I noticed that too. I'd imagine it's just the differences in camera and lighting. It will be interesting to see pics from others to compare.
HieroJux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:28 PM   #35
majormaxim
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post

Got mine in as well. I am glad that her face turned out nice. The base looks good and the whole statue has a nice heft to it. For the price she is a good deal considering the scale and quality. She towers over a lot of my anime statues, many of which are more expensive than her. That being said her paint apps aren't as good. Gun looks awesome and her bodysuit has a nice shine and smoothness to it.

While the face turned out great and there are some nice paint apps to certain parts, on closer inspection I'm a little disappointed in some areas. Specifically, the exposed chest does not look good. The panel lining separating her suit from her chest looks very unprofessional, as though they did not let it dry before handling it. It is somewhat fading and is a light grey at some parts and a pronounced black in others. It looks to have been wiped slightly in parts too. To be honest I notice it even afar as it just doesn't look good. It looks like something you would do on a model kit, not a statue. I'm actually convinced they used an ink pen to do it, or maybe a mechanical pencil. There's also some blemishes and scuff marks around her breasts. Some nicks here and there too. It just seems like they started handling her while the paint was still drying. Nothing major, but it is there.

I'm a little worried about Dva. For Widowmaker the paint apps and overall QC are more than satisfactory at this price and size. For Dva however I would say this same level of paint application would be unacceptable. She is way too expensive for something like that.
Thanks for the pics and for your review. I'm looking forward to getting mine next week.
majormaxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:48 PM   #36
TheStig88
The X-Men

She showed up this morning and got my shipping notice and tracking number later in the evening. FedEx bending the rules of time and space lol.

Anyways, a couple of blemishes on the panel lining on her top like Gyro but nothing major at all, and there's a tiny little spot or two on her back if I squint my eyes and look real hard.

Nothing that would be a deal breaker though, and really nothing that bugs me much at all. Overall she's absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to see who comes next in the line.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:40 PM   #37
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I hope for Mercy or Pharah next!
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:23 AM   #38
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Saw mine at my doorstep when i got home. Didn't even get a tracking. Anyways, she looks cool. Her outfit seems to be metallic paint.
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:14 AM   #39
rinyx
Frackin!

Genji's next. He was shown at Gamescom! c:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DH1FjvRW0AAVuuz.0.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	108276  
rinyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:46 AM   #40
Vendetta
The X-Men

I hope mine ships soon! Also looking forward to ordering Hakumen when he goes up.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote