Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-28-2017, 09:52 AM   #341
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum18 View Post
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/the...re-approaches/

Still can't get over the fact the no light on saber and also I can only see him holding a beer...
This Bud's for you!
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 02:23 PM   #342
Python
Omega Red

No Saber is of course a disappointment. It looks great otherwise however. I'd like this, but it's too rich for my blood sadly.

It is definitely time to give this line an ES, the ever rising prices are making them less and less attractive and needs to be countered. It was bad enough when they were all $2k.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 10:41 PM   #343
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Sorry but that doesn't look great. The helmet is not big enough and he looks way too thin. No wear near the large body of Prowse. Neck area especially looks off.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:32 PM   #344
Brent72
The Spirit

Ugh, that neck. I agree that the proportions look way off and this in no way is an accurate representation of Vader. As someone said earlier in the thread SS just can't seem to get Vader right no matter what they do. The 1:1 is going to be just as bad if not worse.
Brent72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 03:21 PM   #345
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent72 View Post
Ugh, that neck. I agree that the proportions look way off and this in no way is an accurate representation of Vader. As someone said earlier in the thread SS just can't seem to get Vader right no matter what they do. The 1:1 is going to be just as bad if not worse.
It looks even worse now that I have seen the official pics. The quality just looks cheap and so many things are not accurate, especially the helmet.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 03:32 PM   #346
swim
Birdman

"Nooooooooooooooo"
swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:34 PM   #347
Brent72
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
It looks even worse now that I have seen the official pics. The quality just looks cheap and so many things are not accurate, especially the helmet.
Yeah I thought it looked better at Comic-Con last year, but as is the case with most SS products these days they do a killer prototype and then the production piece turns out awful.

All you have to do is look at their 1:1 Boba Fett. The proto was done by Tom Spina Designs and it looked like Jeremy Bulloch just walked off the set of ESB, but when the actual production piece came out it had the quality of something put together by third graders.
Brent72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:44 PM   #348
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

no lightsaber, nah for me big time
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:53 PM   #349
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
no lightsaber, nah for me big time
Completely agree. For 2.5k and not have the saber out is a pure cop out. Nothing stopping them doing something like this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	star-wars-weapon-lightsaber-laser-saber-with.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	105615  
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 05:30 PM   #350
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Well, well.....Sideshow missed the plot.There are 2 RULES for anything Star wars related

1) Star Wars fans and collectors HATE poses that are toooooo over the board, toooo cartoony....They are rather "conservative" collectors. Forps was right from the first picture of Luke PFF when i predicted that Star Wars collectors are going to hate it cause his pose is a bit over for a Star Wars collectible.

2) NEVER, i repeat NEVER produce a Star Wars collectible without a lightsaber !!! I know, i know....Many collectors dont use the light-up function or even hate it cause it may drive down the price of their statue if the light-up gives up in the future, but 95% of Star Wars collectors and fans base WANT A F.....G LIGHTSABER.

The pose for this Vader LSF isnt bad, i actually like it. There are 2 mistakes. His body proportions are a bit to the thin side (Vader was a beast, not a puny man with puny hands) and the lack of lightsaber. Ahhh and of course, the lack of ES. Please Sideshow put an edtiion size in your LSF line!!!

My 0.34 cents, guys.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote