Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-26-2017, 05:14 PM   #51
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

^It's looking more and more like that. ...I'm still pulling for a Miles Morales Spider-Man, if Sony can do that. This whole thing is a mess...pure money grab. Whatever.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:17 PM   #52
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
And the truth comes out. Spider-Man will not be a part of this universe. Like I said, this is a mess. I can't believe Tom Hardy signed on for this. I hope he drops out and this whole idea about creating a sub-universe of Spider-Man villains without Spider-Man is abandoned.

http://screenrant.com/amy-pascal-son...ver-black-mcu/
Whoa nellie! Easy there my man. Read this interview with Pascal and Feige from June 26th and it might put you at ease regarding future collaboration.

http://collider.com/venom-spider-man-mcu-explained/
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:48 PM   #53
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
Whoa nellie! Easy there my man. Read this interview with Pascal and Feige from June 26th and it might put you at ease regarding future collaboration.

http://collider.com/venom-spider-man-mcu-explained/
Doesn't ease my mind at all. Just confirms they don't know what the hell they're doing beyond developing Spider-Man's supporting cast without Spider-Man for now and the foreseeable future. Leaving the door open for a merge down the road is just a way to get fans invested.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:00 AM   #54
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Sony needs to fire Amy Pascal. She part of what wrong with Sony Pictures and why so many of their movies suck.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:39 AM   #55
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Doesn't ease my mind at all. Just confirms they don't know what the hell they're doing beyond developing Spider-Man's supporting cast without Spider-Man for now and the foreseeable future. Leaving the door open for a merge down the road is just a way to get fans invested.
Disagree with you here and would encourage you to read it again.

I think it's a smart move to focus on developing each character as a standalone. If they can get the acting, formula and production right, then when these films do converge it will make for some compelling crossovers with Spidey as you will have more familiarity for everyone rather than mash it all into a 2 hour film. Until then, I think Pascal and Feige have the right approach moving forward.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:45 AM   #56
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Sony needs to fire Amy Pascal. She part of what wrong with Sony Pictures and why so many of their movies suck.
You are neglecting the fact that Amy is responsible for hiring more ethnically diverse actors (latinos, asians, etc.), especially with Homecoming. Without her input and guidance, we'd end up with another stereotypical cast that's not reflective of the times and reality that we are in.

Same with Ghostbusters. Granted the movie sucked but not because of the all women cast. They were working with a horrible script and misguided director. The women themselves are incredibly talented and funny in their own right.

She deserves more credit for moving the dial in Hollywood.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:19 AM   #57
adee
Green Arrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzxFdtWmjto

I'm not sure what to make of this. Not a single shot of him and does he have telekinesis?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:22 AM   #58
SONICobra
Batman

LAME

how do you have a venom trailer and not show venom, big FAIL on this - build up all this hype for nothing
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:24 PM   #59
Mister H
Gen 13

will this be one of those movies where we don't see the character we actually want to see until the very end?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:09 PM   #60
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

I had no interest in this due to the Sony politics and I watched the trailer on mute. However, between Hardy, Michelle Williams, Riz Ahmed, etc. I might actually be disappointed if this film turns out badly given the talent they've rounded up.

*looks up screenwriter credits*

Oh, never mind.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote