Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 05-10-2017, 08:23 PM   #1
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

ARH - Video from the Owner Which Clears the Situation

I thought this deserved its own thread. The owner posted a 30 minute plus video about what is going on at their Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/ARHStudiosfans/

They showed a shocking amount of old inventory. My first thought was why do they still have Frazetta statues that are supposed to be sold out? I wanted the Virgin of Mahars and Barbarian with girl statues.

Apparently 40% of orders went through the payment plan and those orders were cancelled or didn't go through. That is a huge amount of lost income due to customer issues. But at least this finally comes direct from the owner on video. Before there was only that email posted from a member here about not having the money to ship statues.

There is still some incompetence going on. But I'm starting to see why companies in this industry are using NRDs and behave the way they do to their customers.

It might be too late for me since another company is making Frazetta statues now. But this video is still worth a watch for others that are looking to eBay for Frazetta statues that they think are sold out. I would imagine that a good percentage of those will go up for sale.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:05 PM   #2
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I think a lot of the hanging orders were caused by problems with their website and people giving up.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:15 PM   #3
SAB380
The X-Men

Many of the payment issues were due to their system just dropping payments.
Happened to me and I didn't notice. A year later I looked and saw that after the first 2 payment, it all just stopped and cancelled itself. I had to ring them up and organize a balance payment separately.

I don't really get why he is stuck for statues that a deposit was paid years ago and then the buyer has disappeared/refusing to return or get in contact.

The answer is easy I would have thought:

0) Start with 2014 stock first. Go in chronological order.
1) Put the 'forgotten orders' statues back up for sale

2A) Use the proceeds from sales to refund the deposit in instances where you have the record
2B) Split out original deposit amount from the rest of the sales proceeds and put it in a separate account. Leave it there for when buyers eventually get in contact.

3) Use the rest of the sales proceeds to get ARH back on its feet.

Done.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:34 PM   #4
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

All speculation.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:36 PM   #5
MikeandElio
Frackin!

I think my favorite part of the video is when he blames the customer base for the bad sales of the AP statues. The whole video was basically him stating that he has no idea what he is doing and because of that he is broke and how he take responsibility for is financial troubles BUT here is how YOU contributed.
MikeandElio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:05 AM   #6
dao2
Cyclops

They need to put those statues that people charged back etc on their website for sale. And the ones that won't pay the rest put em up for sale and refund em.

edit: also legit never take shipping up front :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:08 AM   #7
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

So, after I watch this video I'm really wondering how Arahom is going to make good on his snarky email about canceling my Arhian 3 order... in fact when I called Spencer today he knew nothing of the order cancelation. No surprise.

The problem is simple, Arahom, through a series of bad decisions, has run ARH into the ground. The china orders were so mishandled that by the time they got over here people were fed up and no longer wanted them. Who the heck wants to wait two years for something, especially when they are strung along and strung along.

Then the mishaps continue with statues like sha-ryn and Tarzan. He's not able to deliver the statues as promised, he constantly misses release dates, and his reputation for mistreating customers grows.

Now he's not selling the AP statues because people have no confidence in ARH and because the statues, by large opinion, are uninspired and devoid of any degree of epicness. I made that word up. It's so bad he loses his team of people making statues.

Wow. Now he has somehow raised the money to hire a new team. But wait, something's not right here. If the issue was that you had to let your people go because of a lack of money, when you got more money, why not bring them back on? Did they find other work? Maybe. Or maybe there was another reason... I don't know.

But I know he's got Melissa doing repair work now. And boxes of statues are coming back in and piling up? Why so many damages?

And here's another question... this new team he's got working... where is the money coming to pay them with and why aren't they knocking out some repairs?

The video raises as many questions as it answers. One thing is obvious, ARH is teetering on the brink of collapse. But that is generally what happens to businesses that are mismanaged and/or who treat their customers with low regard.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:14 AM   #8
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
So, after I watch this video I'm really wondering how Arahom is going to make good on his snarky email about canceling my Arhian 3 order... in fact when I called Spencer today he knew nothing of the order cancelation. No surprise.

The problem is simple, Arahom, through a series of bad decisions, has run ARH into the ground. The china orders were so mishandled that by the time they got over here people were fed up and no longer wanted them. Who the heck wants to wait two years for something, especially when they are strung along and strung along.

Then the mishaps continue with statues like sha-ryn and Tarzan. He's not able to deliver the statues as promised, he constantly misses release dates, and his reputation for mistreating customers grows.

Now he's not selling the AP statues because people have no confidence in ARH and because the statues, by large opinion, are uninspired and devoid of any degree of epicness. I made that word up. It's so bad he loses his team of people making statues.

Wow. Now he has somehow raised the money to hire a new team. But wait, something's not right here. If the issue was that you had to let your people go because of a lack of money, when you got more money, why not bring them back on? Did they find other work? Maybe. Or maybe there was another reason... I don't know.

But I know he's got Melissa doing repair work now. And boxes of statues are coming back in and piling up? Why so many damages?

And here's another question... this new team he's got working... where is the money coming to pay them with and why aren't they knocking out some repairs?

The video raises as many questions as it answers. One thing is obvious, ARH is teetering on the brink of collapse. But that is generally what happens to businesses that are mismanaged and/or who treat their customers with low regard.
Be honest.
If Sha-ryn had visible boobs you would have posted the exact opposite of everything you just said.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:05 AM   #9
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

And they will repeat the same mistake.Put everything on sale(5-6 statues) all at the same day.So guys that want all of them could only afford 1 or 2 at that time.The have to space them out 1 every 2-3 months.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:18 AM   #10
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Be honest.
If Sha-ryn had visible boobs you would have posted the exact opposite of everything you just said.
If sha-ryn had boobs, that would have meant that they would have been able to deliver the statue as they sold it and would not have told me that they would give me a refund and then turn around and change the refund to store credit. So yes, I would have posted a much different review because the situation would have been much different.

Like for instance, if he would have been able to produce Frazetta statues in a timely manner people would have paid for them and they wouldn't be filling his basement.

Every one of those boxes that you see in that video is a testament to the poor way that Arahom has treated his customers. Every one is a story, includingbthe one with my sha-ryn in it.

So let me ask a similar question... if it wasn't raining outside, would you still take an umbrella? Seems to me the rain sort of causes you to pick up the umbrella...
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote