Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 05-11-2017, 09:26 AM   #11
cosmic
Mephisto

lol, this video is a joke, some kids will believe what he is saying though.
cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:03 PM   #12
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic View Post
lol, this video is a joke, some kids will believe what he is saying though.
Does that mean you are not excited about the 1/2 scale Arhian bust? Arahom said it's a generous 1/2 scale...
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:14 PM   #13
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I worked for a very small company once for quite a few years. Not a statue company, an engineering company. They went through something very similar in that they expanded and had an expected revenue source not live up to expectations and had a huge cash flow problem that lasted 2-3 years which was very difficult and led them to have similar issues as Arahom describes. It is unpleasant for sure. They had to close offices, cut employees by 70%, had trouble paying vendors at times, and so on. They made it through though and now are small again but are still in business and doing fine. All of the vendors eventually got paid and all projects delivered. I hope ARH can do the same.

We have already lost some really good producers, Bowen doesn't produce anymore, CS Moore, Hard Hero, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Arahom seems determined to figure a way through it. I hope he does. I would still pre-order a Hades today if it was up, maybe some of the others depending on what they look like.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:32 PM   #14
StarSoldier
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Arahom has artistic talent and the stuff he has in the pipeline is truely interesting and unique to ARH but in my opinion he should entirely delegate all financial and logistic aspects of his business to someone else cause he's been doing really one disaster after the next in these areas.

An artist shouldn't be worrying about these things, he should worry about the artistic direction of the company and making sure his work is then replicated when produced for the customers.
StarSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:14 PM   #15
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I worked for a very small company once for quite a few years. Not a statue company, an engineering company. They went through something very similar in that they expanded and had an expected revenue source not live up to expectations and had a huge cash flow problem that lasted 2-3 years which was very difficult and led them to have similar issues as Arahom describes. It is unpleasant for sure. They had to close offices, cut employees by 70%, had trouble paying vendors at times, and so on. They made it through though and now are small again but are still in business and doing fine. All of the vendors eventually got paid and all projects delivered. I hope ARH can do the same.

We have already lost some really good producers, Bowen doesn't produce anymore, CS Moore, Hard Hero, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Arahom seems determined to figure a way through it. I hope he does. I would still pre-order a Hades today if it was up, maybe some of the others depending on what they look like.
I thought CS Moore was still going? Don't they do sculpts for Diamond as well?
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:14 PM   #16
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I thought CS Moore was still going? Don't they do sculpts for Diamond as well?
Oh if that's true then I apologize to Clay. I had thought he might be sculpting for someone but didn't do his own producing anymore.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:19 PM   #17
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

CS Moore as a company doesn't produce new statues anymore under the CS Moore brand. Clay is the Art Director and sculptor at Diamond Select.

For example, he sculpted their Spider-Gwen statue.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:04 PM   #18
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Oh if that's true then I apologize to Clay. I had thought he might be sculpting for someone but didn't do his own producing anymore.
I wasn't entirely sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
CS Moore as a company doesn't produce new statues anymore under the CS Moore brand. Clay is the Art Director and sculptor at Diamond Select.

For example, he sculpted their Spider-Gwen statue.
Makes sense, he still has the CS Moore website up. I think Bowen might be going a similar route come next year, for a while at least.

EDIT: Anyway, back on topic. I think sometimes people who run companies try to expand, perhaps, a little too quickly, that is beyond the scope of what they are prepared to handle. That at least from the outside, looks like what happened here with ARH. I also think that when your producing these things certain measures need to be taken so that, like what he describes in the video, you aren't relying on every statue to sell to recoup the production costs. I understand the need to make the statues affordable, but you also need to make sure you can continue to produce without things like this happening.

I hope for all of you who are still with ARH he can continue, or at least get you what you paid for.

Last edited by Josh-a-tron; 05-11-2017 at 03:09 PM.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:24 PM   #19
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I have seen quite a few people say now that they have seen some or all of the Frazetta pieces they really want them. I wonder if someone with legal knowledge or experience in taking deposits on something and not getting paid can answer a couple of questions.

Since the Frazetta and a couple of other statues weren't received or delivered for 2 years a lot of people evidently either paid just the deposit or deposit and part of the rest and then stopped I was wondering how they could potentially deal with the following situations

1. Let's say a customer paid deposit or deposit+ but doesn't respond to emails. At what point can ARH sell the statue to someone else?
1.a) if they aren't responding how would he return the deposit if the statue was sold to someone else? Check on paypal address given to see if it is active?

2. One reason responses may not be coming from customers is a lot of people over the course of two years have switched or rarely use old email address anymore. Could ARH be in any legal trouble if they sell it and then later the customer figures it out and calls and demands a statue?

According to the video by ARH records all fully paid statues have shipped and they are asking anyone still waiting who shows otherwise or if they paid part and want to pay the rest and have it shipped should call them. There are a LOT of statues there. If they can sell those I think most of their cash flow problems would be solved or greatly alleviated. All of the expenses (sculpting, production, shipping to and from China) have already been paid.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:52 PM   #20
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Well done ARH. In my eyes this was a honest and good video.

ARH is still doing the best statues of all companies in my eyes.
It was just very sad to see how their customer service went to a very very low level. Now we know why. And it helps people to understand
(at least those people who know at least a bit about economy; those who blame and flame everything because of their low life.. will surely continue flaming anyway).
Lets hope this talented guy will get things back to normal. I press all thumbs !
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote