Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-14-2018, 02:30 PM   #801
Cromulon
Justice League

Wink

Love the input. Now those are the types of comparative discussions I love. Thanks for the input and keeping this thread alive so we can all discuss this bad a** statue when we get it in hand. Got mine preordered simply because it will probably be the closest venom we will get compared to the XM. My ONLY complaint about the prototype is that, you should be able to display Venom without the symbiotes everywhere. Instead of peg holes, i hope they are magnetically fixed on to the body. That feature would put this above the XM alone.
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:44 PM   #802
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Prime 1 his legs are too small for his body and a tiny bettlejuice head sorry just my observation. I’m not concerned with space I’ve got XM Hulkbuster, hulk transformation , venom, carnage, Namor and anti venom all huge pieces . They need to work together Prime 1s didn’t with my wants.

It’s all taste enjoy!
Completely agree, it looks like he skipped leg day!

Too bad, because i would have picked it up.

Still, XM version is hands down the best on the market today. Too bad i don't have one!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:00 PM   #803
ob1ob
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromulon View Post
My ONLY complaint about the prototype is that, you should be able to display Venom without the symbiotes everywhere. Instead of peg holes, i hope they are magnetically fixed on to the body. That feature would put this above the XM alone.
I asked and was told that there will be holes where the symbiote tendrils peg into place. I agree that it would be great if it could be displayed with them removed, but I still like this Venom the most
ob1ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:02 AM   #804
Cromulon
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1ob View Post
I asked and was told that there will be holes where the symbiote tendrils peg into place. I agree that it would be great if it could be displayed with them removed, but I still like this Venom the most
Damn, that's sad to hear. This will be an insane piece as it is though. Symbiotes everywhere or not. I worry this will be one of those statues that will only be secured behind glass =/ So much space to make now.
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 03:56 PM   #805
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Completely agree, it looks like he skipped leg day!

Too bad, because i would have picked it up.

Still, XM version is hands down the best on the market today. Too bad i don't have one!
It is 100% accurate to the comic.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 04:28 PM   #806
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
It is 100% accurate to the comic.
--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
The thing is, it's based on a lackluster five issue limited series. How many people want a thousand bucks statue of a comically cartoony-proportioned Venom just because that's the way it was depicted in an unmemorable limited series?

It's too bad, too, as the detail in those mouths is top-notch. Way to waste an otherwise great Venom sculpt.

Drop the 'minivenoms', give him normal-sized legs: boom, instant grail.

I know what it's based on. And I think it was a moronic decision if they weren't forced to go that way - and if they were, they should have waited rather than release this. I hope they revisit him soon.

Oh, while we're at it, let's have a $1000 Fred Hembeck Spidey based on that old Assistant Editor's Month issue! It was part of the main series, too!

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:36 PM   #807
sparda
The Avengers

If Marvel decides thatis the licence they get, that they can only depict venom as such, then that's wht they can do. Not that much of a choice in the whole matter I'm guessing.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:38 PM   #808
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
If Marvel decides thatis the licence they get, that they can only depict venom as such, then that's wht they can do. Not that much of a choice in the whole matter I'm guessing.
Yeah, that's why I said "I think it was a moronic decision if they weren't forced to go that way". Such a pity.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:49 AM   #809
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Pièce de résistance. This will be a one of a kind piece where we wont see another with Prime 1 quality able to break through the Sideshow gate keepers.

Much anticipation for this....
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:59 AM   #810
Vendetta
The X-Men

I wonder what the arrangement was in which Sideshow allowed Prime 1 to make a 1/4 Venom. I get the other 1/4 Marvel and DC stuff they've collaborated on - Sideshow maybe didn't have interest in DC's New 52 or in relatively obscure Marvel characters like Anti-Venom and Spider-Man 2099; maybe that was the prize for doing the other stuff.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote