Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 10-14-2021, 07:56 PM   #2141
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Very Audrey Hepburn like
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 03:10 PM   #2142
pdenham
Teen Titans

Got in the Cho Supergirl today.

I've always been a fan of Cho's skill, though I don't always share his affinity for large boned, muscular women. I'm glad he toned that aspect down a bit for Kara.

I love the concept and design he came up with. It's pitch perfect for a silver-age costume version of the character.
What a delight!

So glad I got off the fence on this one.

My only criticism or complaint with it is- I wish it were bigger! Even keeping with the generic puck base, this same statue in 1/6 or 1/4 would have completely rocked my world.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 06:30 PM   #2143
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara’sManFriday View Post

Really glamour on these pics
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:56 AM   #2144
rykerw1701
Justice League

Gorgeous statue. I've been tempted many times to pull the trigger on it, but I just didn't have the display space.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 10:36 AM   #2145
ClaraVoyent
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Got in the Cho Supergirl today.

I've always been a fan of Cho's skill, though I don't always share his affinity for large boned, muscular women. I'm glad he toned that aspect down a bit for Kara.

I love the concept and design he came up with. It's pitch perfect for a silver-age costume version of the character.
What a delight!

So glad I got off the fence on this one.

My only criticism or complaint with it is- I wish it were bigger! Even keeping with the generic puck base, this same statue in 1/6 or 1/4 would have completely rocked my world.
This is my favorite out of everything I own.

Honestly, I love the size. I am a smaller size collector for a variety of reasons and like it as-is.

I have the Frank Cho Batgirl, too. They look pretty good on display with each other, with a Kotobukiya Hush Batman between 'em.

Wish we could have gotten a lot more from Frank Cho.
ClaraVoyent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 03:01 PM   #2146
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Looks like at least the Frank Cho Poison Ivy is going to be coming out from McFarlane:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/117005
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 03:19 PM   #2147
Augen
Metal Men

That's good. I'll be real curious if they announce anything brand new in the next year.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 04:44 PM   #2148
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Was moving boxed statues the other day and really miss the Adam Hughes Cover Girl line. DC Direct hit nice home runs and then Artgerm series did a good job filling gaps (Huntress, Batwoman, Vixen, Mera). Sad that we never got a Big Barda or quality Supergirl. The scale and direction changed too drastically after that, and I couldn't continue.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:43 AM   #2149
rykerw1701
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMan View Post
Was moving boxed statues the other day and really miss the Adam Hughes Cover Girl line. DC Direct hit nice home runs and then Artgerm series did a good job filling gaps (Huntress, Batwoman, Vixen, Mera). Sad that we never got a Big Barda or quality Supergirl. The scale and direction changed too drastically after that, and I couldn't continue.
Aside from the leaning issue, I like the Hughes Supergirl. It was that terrible pose for Batgirl that I couldn't get past. I love that version of the character and the sculpt itself was fine, it was the concept of making her look silly I didn't like. And I completely agree with you on your comment about the direction of the line post Artgerm.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 10:03 AM   #2150
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Never had a single issue with my Supergirl leaning and she has been on display now for about 15 or so years. They should have made the key a geometric shape that would only fit in the proper way. With it being square there are 3 ways to put her in the base wrong and only one way to put her in right. I am amazed how many people put her in the 3 wrong ways. If they just match the way the rocks on the base around her look on the pictures on the box they will put it in correctly.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote