Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 09-24-2021, 05:50 PM   #491
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Mine from CM included one, so yours should have as well. It comes in a bag that is partly white and looks just like more packaging material so double check it isn't still in the box.
I don't recall you ever posting about having gotten this one.

Where you disappointed at all with it? Is it set up or still parked in the box?

Any regrets?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 05:55 PM   #492
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I don't recall you ever posting about having gotten this one.

Where you disappointed at all with it? Is it set up or still parked in the box?

Any regrets?
I just got it a few days ago. I have a couple QC issues I am currently working on sorting out, but overall it's very impressive. I think I may be repainting the sword or replacing with a metal one though as it isn't very metallic looking, that's my biggest gripe.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 08:38 PM   #493
pdenham
Teen Titans

Two out of two samples from people on the board, and they both have issues.

A $3K collectible and QC issues seem to be the rule and not the exception.

At least it seems to be for people who don't do video reviews on youtube or facebook

If you don't want to say specifically, 67L88Stingray, can I at least ask in general where the issues are with it- is it the hair, the silicone, the resin, or the paint?
Old 09-24-2021, 09:02 PM   #494
naeser2008
Justice League

Thanks for the input, guys... I will check the box again when I get home... knowing it is in a white bag helps, but I combed throught it twice and didn't see anything.

The lip thing bothers me the more I look at it. I couldn't unsee it after a few minutes. Ah well, guess if worse comes to worse I can ship her back to CM.

Going to have to see how the Infinity Studios LSB line
Compares to these pieces, I may just swear off Queen Studios
altogether if the quality just isn't there for the price.

I have Thanos and Captain Marvel, they are both nice pieces but I guess I am expecting more once you jump over the $3,000 mark for high end statues. Probably unrealistic expectations on my part, lol.
naeser2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 09:23 PM   #495
naeser2008
Justice League

Just checked every inch of the styrofoam... and nothing.
I really want the vest, so hopefully they can get me one.
Old 09-24-2021, 10:12 PM   #496
pdenham
Teen Titans

Not unrealistic to expect the features of the face on a bust to be properly and fully painted.

Missing accessory and poor paint app on the face. I'd keep making a stink until they rectify both those issues.
Old 09-24-2021, 10:16 PM   #497
naeser2008
Justice League

Well, it sounded like this was the last exclusive that they had
available, they mentioned that Queen Studios may just offer sending me the silicone oil paint to repair the area myself. I don't know how confident I would be doing that.

The only other option they would give is to return her for a full refund and just move on.
Old 09-24-2021, 11:21 PM   #498
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by naeser2008 View Post
Well, it sounded like this was the last exclusive that they had
available, they mentioned that Queen Studios may just offer sending me the silicone oil paint to repair the area myself. I don't know how confident I would be doing that.

The only other option they would give is to return her for a full refund and just move on.
It seems like Queen QC/CS dept. is a one man band right now and there really isn't anything they are very able/willing to do for these issues. I am not impressed so far with what I am hearing on my end either(also had a couple issues with my Aquaman I am still working on too). I am going to try and work with them, but most of my complaints were met with the old "that was intentional" BS like Sideshow would say.
Old 09-24-2021, 11:26 PM   #499
pdenham
Teen Titans

naeser200-
Assuming you can get the black tank top, and disregarding the issue with the paint on the lips, how do you feel about it overall?

If they are willing to send you the proper paint to touch up the lip, then you can rectify that problem.
If it's a form of oil paint, it should provide time to work with it, which means if you goof up the application, you should be able to (carefully) wipe it off and repaint it- till you get it right.

A fast drying acrylic, like what is used on most polystone statues, is a lot less forgiving.

You have a very defined area that needs the paint.
You also have some latitude in the natural vertical creases of the lips which create shadows. So if a ridge of new paint overlaps the factory paint a little, it shouldn't stick out all that much.

Even for an amateur, I think that looks like a fix that anyone can tackle.

OTOH, if you've cooled a bit on the character, or the experience has soured you on the piece, maybe it would be better to just send it back and put the money towards something else?
Old 09-25-2021, 01:01 AM   #500
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
can I at least ask in general where the issues are with it- is it the hair, the silicone, the resin, or the paint?
Hopefully we can work out the problems and I can keep the pieces, but how they handle this will determine that, and if I do any future orders as well.

A couple issues were shipping/packing related where I got rubs in the finish. They were so bad in spots on Aquaman they went all the way through the paint even. That's not really QC, but they need to secure the items better so they don't damage themselves.

The main issues I had were a large rough mold mark on the sword that really looks out of place and interrupts the Damascus effect, making an already plasticky looking sword even worse.

I was not super impressed with the "Battle Angel" script paint, very amateurish. It almost looks like someone came along and tried to touch it up after the initial painting, the touch up gold paint is a little more yellow and they only did some letters, not all, for example the 2 "T"s right next to each other are quite different looking.

I also had a couple minor chips, but one other odd thing was the removeable chest piece was painted differently than the attached one. The removeable one is much lighter color with almost no metal flake in the paint. It's a side effect of them being painted separately so the regulars won't have that issue. Not happy to pay more for the Deluxe and get an extra problem however. The color isn't movie accurate anyway(I actually like it better), but at least they should match.

Of all those the only issues they want to address are the rubs from shipping. All the actual "QC" issues were described as "intentional" or "artistic". I also found a sewing issue with my vest after they replied so I will add that to the list and see what they want to do. I have yet to check the stand for the heart and I heard it might have design issues as well. There is a lot of good with her, but so many small issues do add up.