Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-13-2021, 12:18 AM   #1101
The Merovingian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I am watching CNN right now and they said that there are 60 ships waiting to dock and it takes a minimum of 11 days for the ships to dock to unload. They reported that normally a ship when it came to the docks it would be able to dock and unload in less than a day.
I agree.......The attached photo shows the ships that are waiting to be unloaded in real time as of 10/13/21, 12:00 am est. Every dot represents a freighter that needs to be unloaded. I stopped counting the dots after I reached 70. With the longshoreman and trucker shortage at the Long Beach, CA port, it's going to be a challenge having these ships unloaded within the next 60 days, not mention new ships are showing up daily behind the current log of freighters waiting to be unloaded.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ship tracker (1).png
Views:	32
Size:	478.1 KB
ID:	143273  
The Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 12:39 AM   #1102
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
I agree with you.
It's kind of weird when people ordered directly from them got it late, and one that ordered from elsewhere get the product first.
I'm guessing with SS being SS they have some level of priority...TH is a small company.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 03:52 AM   #1103
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I'm guessing with SS being SS they have some level of priority...TH is a small company.
Being a Tweeterhead product, i would have thought all product goes to Tweeterhead first, followed by other sellers.
How is Sideshow getting their hand's on Tweeterhead product, when Tweeterhead themselves cannot?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 08:08 AM   #1104
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Being a Tweeterhead product, i would have thought all product goes to Tweeterhead first, followed by other sellers.
How is Sideshow getting their hand's on Tweeterhead product, when Tweeterhead themselves cannot?
Their shipments are separate. SS is able to fill containers much faster than TH can with the amount of product they sell. So they get theirs first. TH only puts the EX's they sold on their site in their containers so it takes longer to fill one.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 08:42 AM   #1105
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Their shipments are separate. SS is able to fill containers much faster than TH can with the amount of product they sell. So they get theirs first. TH only puts the EX's they sold on their site in their containers so it takes longer to fill one.
SS can probably eat the huge increase in cost easier too.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 09:00 AM   #1106
md99
Fantastic Four

Got the email too. I paid my €50 deposit last year and have to pay, including shipping and import duty, €715 tomorrow.

Ouch!!!

Worth it though, a real centerpiece this statue.
md99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 09:29 AM   #1107
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I see, that makes sense.

I think TW can just hold all shipments till all orders (especially those who ordered directly from them) can be shipped.

That way it will be fair for all. This way, is definitely not fair for those who ordered directly, supported them first hand.
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 10:04 AM   #1108
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

There is no "fair" or "not fair" anymore. It just is what it is.

Is it irritating to order directly from TH and get the statue last? Yup. Is there anything that can be done about it now? Nope. Hopefully in the future things will change and TH will be able to get their products out before other sellers do, but that's not how things work today.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 10:12 AM   #1109
SDguy

At least now I'll know how it feels to PO from BBTS.... Looking at you, HMO Felicia
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 10:23 AM   #1110
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
At least now I'll know how it feels to PO from BBTS.... Looking at you, HMO Felicia
You should have ordered from Spec Fiction
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote