Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-09-2021, 06:28 PM   #27941
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Good to know. Thanks.
I can’t wait to get the physical media in 4k when this comes out. If you love Bond, this is one of there best movie to date.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 06:52 PM   #27942
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
The story is built on Spectra and has back stories to the previous 4 Bond movies. It could be a standalone movie but if you watch the previous 4 movies, it ties everything together quite well. What a fitting end to Daniel Craig to come back and finish what he started. IMHO, the best Bond ever!
Spectre.
Old 10-09-2021, 07:22 PM   #27943
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Spectre.
Ummmm have you heard of auto-fill lol. I just type on iPhone and don’t really bother to proof it
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:54 AM   #27944
SONICobra
Batman

no time to die - 8.5/10

solid flick, a lot of fun to watch. i would say you should be familiar to the previous craig movies, there are a lot of call backs to characters and events in previous films. im sure it would still be enjoyable if you havent seen them but you will be in the dark on some things
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 12:33 PM   #27945
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Tales of Halloween (2015) - I'm a big fan of anthology horror movies and this one surprisingly did not disappoint. It featured 10 different stories which ranged from good to really good, there werent any duds and they were all very entertaining and really captured the feel of Halloween, definitely going to add this one to my Halloween movie favorites rotation - 8/10

The House that Jack Built (2018) - Not for the squeamish, this one is about the inner workings of the mind of a serial killer, and this guy had no mercy or remorse for anyone, features some quite haunting and disturbing scenes. Matt Dillon was really good in this, one of the only times hes had a serious role and he knocked it out of the park. Uma Therman was underused but really good with the scenes she had. The ending was a big wtf that I did not see coming, a nice change of pace from the typical mind of a serial killer type movie - 8/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 01:15 PM   #27946
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Ummmm have you heard of auto-fill lol. I just type on iPhone and don’t really bother to proof it
Yep, just in case someone didn’t know.
Old 10-14-2021, 02:49 PM   #27947
ukshaun
Hercules

No Time To Die (2021)
9/10

The bad guy was pretty good. There have been better bad guy's in the history of 007
The ending was 100% unexpected, unexSpectre'ed
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 01:57 PM   #27948
Demona
Martian Manhunter

8/10 for me. Great wrap-up for Craig’s run.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 02:00 PM   #27949
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Venom: Let There be Carnage 7/10
The Dark Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 02:02 PM   #27950
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Finally did a Psycho marathon, I hadn't even seen most of these movies so im glad I got around to it

Psycho (1960) - what more can be said about this classic that hasn't been said already. Alfred Hitchcock was really ahead of his time with his storytelling and camera techniques. I can understand the stir this movie made at release in 1960, although not particularly graphic in its violence it has great suspense, and a lot of the most horrifying parts are what is implied - 9.5/10

Psycho 2 (1983) - I think this sequel surprised everyone with how good it was, a sequel nobody thought they wanted and nobody thought they could pull off, which is understandable because how do you try and one up Alfred Hitchcock? the short answer is they didnt and that was for the best. They didnt try to replicate the hitchcock style much, it was kind of its own thing. Anthony Perkins was great again as Norman Bates and even though 23 years passed since the original he was still in top form. The movie kept me guessing until the end and had a great mystery, is Norman back to his old tricks or is something else going on? surprising shock ending as well - 8/10

Psycho 3 (1986) - picking up shortly after the events of psycho 2, this one tries to retcon some of the reveals of Psycho 2 while putting Norman back into a more familiar role. Anthony Perkins was great again and there were some good parts, it was better than I thought it would be but doesnt reach the heights of Part 1 or Part 2 - 6.5/10

Bates Motel (1987) - I'd say this is the black sheep of the Psycho movie franchise. From what I can gather this movie tries to entirely ignore the events of Psycho 2 and Psycho 3, and it implies that Norman was never let out of jail/psychiatric hospital as shown in Psycho 2 so he ultimately stayed there for years and died, but he left the Bates Motel in his will to someone he met during his incarceration. Im not sure what they were really trying to do with this movie, Anthony Perkins is not in the movie at all, and they really swayed from the formula even trying to go into dark humour territory but ultimately it didnt work - 4/10

Psycho 4: The Beginning (1990) - Anthony Perkins returns one last time as Norman Bates. This one is interesting because most of the movie is about Normans life growing up as a young man, so many of the scenes are with another actor playing Norman with Anthony Perkins narrating via a radio talk show that he called into. I thought this was a good choice and revealed a lot of what made Norman who he was, a good send off to the franchise and Anthony Perkins before the series was rebooted (terribly) in 1998 - 7/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote