Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

Old 04-19-2008, 06:04 PM   #21
heirtoasguard
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

you know Hal that's a fight I always think of. but if the X-Men had Phoenix, which they should, would win IMO.
heirtoasguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:39 PM   #22
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
3, 4 and 5.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:05 AM   #23
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

3 & 5. Very close but if i had to choose one it would definitely be Thor vs Superman.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:29 AM   #24
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
Ok, I'd love to see batman beat cap as well
Sigh...here we go again. In the Byrne crossover when Cap met Batman, Bruce admitted that Steve had the edge over him. In the JLA/Avengers crossover, Batman freely admitted Cap could take him. Yes, in that God-awful Marvel vs. DC where fan's voted the winner (Wolverine over Lobo? Please. Storm over Wonder Woman? Don't think so) Batman beat Cap because Cap slipped in a sewer. Just awful writing.

But, please, let the debate continue despite Batman's opinion on the topic. Not to mention, if you don't side with Cap then the terrorists have won.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:23 AM   #25
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Sigh...here we go again.
Quote:
In the Byrne crossover when Cap met Batman, Bruce admitted that Steve had the edge over him. In the JLA/Avengers crossover, Batman freely admitted Cap could take him.
Yes, in that God-awful Marvel vs. DC where fan's voted the winner (Wolverine over Lobo? Please. Storm over Wonder Woman? Don't think so) Batman beat Cap because Cap slipped in a sewer. Just awful writing.

But, please, let the debate continue despite Batman's opinion on the topic. Not to mention, if you don't side with Cap then the terrorists have won.
That was just Bruce using one of his many mind tricks he learned from his training in the orient to make Steve believe he could win.
And the Rockets Red Glare,knocked out, the gas bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night, that the Dark Knight was standing there.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:14 PM   #26
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
That was just Bruce using one of his many mind tricks he learned from his training in the orient to make Steve believe he could win.
And the Rockets Red Glare,knocked out, the gas bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night, that the Dark Knight was standing there.
Nah, this was a thought balloon of Bruce talking to himself. He wasn't addressing Steve during the Byrne fight. Clearly, he wasn't trying to make HIMSELF believe anything he didn't truly believe on his own.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:17 PM   #27
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Nah, this was a thought balloon of Bruce talking to himself. He wasn't addressing Steve during the Byrne fight. Clearly, he wasn't trying to make HIMSELF believe anything he didn't truly believe on his own.
Well Bruce is a skrull yeah yeah that`s it.
And Alfred beats Jarvis and makes better tea.:tounge:
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:22 PM   #28
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
Well Bruce is a skrull yeah yeah that`s it.
And Alfred beats Jarvis and makes better tea.:tounge:
Jarvis and Alfred have military training, but Jarvis has proved himself against street thugs in Avengers #201. I'd like to see Alfred claim to brew better tea than Jarvis (especially now that Jarvis is a Skrull).
Old 04-20-2008, 06:16 PM   #29
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Cap stomping Batman into pulp I would enjoy seeing.

Especially touching would be when Cap covers Bats in the U.S. Flag, but then uncovers one of his hands just enough to slip a white flag of surrender between his crushed digits.

Thor vs. Superman would be fun.. but Superman's power levels are too goofy. If he was kept to around Thor's strength, and not "Thor multiplied by ten" strength that DC sometimes has him sitting at, then yeah.. it'd be fun to see, until Thor gets frustrated and kills him with a hammer blow (not thrown) to the head.

I enjoy Supes and Bats, I just think Cap with his 60 years of fighting and Thor with his being a God, and his thinking/reacting differently than the average mortal because of this in terms of tactics, give them the edge.

Plus, Batman's a detective, Captain America's a soldier (you guys have probably covered this, but still...). True, Batman can fight - yes, I know he's one of DC's best fighters, but he's known for his mind and innovation through technology more than for his pugilism. Cap doesn't need time to plan for physical engagements, like Batman usually requires. Steve just jumps in and gets his feet wet.. with blood. He trusts his instincts and abilities from the get-go.

Thanos vs. anyone would be in Thanos's favor. He has the intelligence and the power to best almost any opponent. In the past he's defeated armies of heroes, as well as all-powerful galactic opponents. Thanos's greatest weakness is himself (he's never satisfied), not some outside threat. Thanos is my boy, though, so... he beats everyone. Haha.

Spidey vs. Wolverine and Thor vs. The Silver Surfer would be fun to watch...the first fight (s vs. w) has creativity and agility vs. ferocity and longevity, second fight (t vs. ss) has power and experience vs. power and heart. I love all four of these guys, so either would be fun to witness. Good list, Grandpa.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:37 PM   #30
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Would rather see new Thor battle World War Hulk! I wish WWH would have ended that way!
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote