Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 10-09-2014, 09:58 PM   #131
Viper2005
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
I mentioned this in the NYCC pics thread, but I'll also say it here...does anyone else think she has long neck syndrome?
I did notice the giraffe neck... thought it was just me lol
Viper2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:32 PM   #132
jansen
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Woohoo, nice to see this closer to release. I am no art director just a fan and a collector of this line.

I like this statue overall, just a few critiques that I would like to add, none of them are deal breakers but I thought I'd mention in as I think it would look better with these improvements.

Shoes - stiletto changed to a slight heel.

Belt - I agree that a looser belt will add character.

Shorthair - I know that this is an extra option, but I don't know how many buyers are planning to display this portrait considering the short hair should be in a totally different costume. I do like the playfulness with the slight smirk (Even the wink in the original portrait). I would so display the extra head if these expression was added with sculpt of the long hair version.

Anyway I can't wait to get her mon amie
jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:33 PM   #133
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This statue is LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Day 1 P.O.!! I still like the original prototype more, to me that was the best intepretation of her. I always love seeing Rogue interpreted in a flying pose while showing her strength like the Bowen piece - destroying the brick wall... damn I love it! If only she was bigger in scale.. haha
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:37 PM   #134
Naru
Mephisto

Honestly would rather prefer her with one well done long haired head sculpt with a smirk or wink or whatever that shows off her confidence which again the loose belt does too.
On the other hand I'm concerned, a switch out head with a thin neck and narrow Collar groove runs the risk of damaging and chipping the collar. Also the short hair isn't comic accurate to the Jim Lee Costume and I really doubt most collectors would display her with the short hair switch out head any way so why bother.
Those heels if necessary need to be done to match her look in the animated series. Something about those stilletos just doesn't look right with the over all costume. Heels similar to the Bowen White Costume Storm would suit the statue better if they have to be included, I think. ( photo credits - Gabe, Dr. Remy Lebeau)
Would love to hear Ericks take on it , if possible ?
Just my thoughts and opinion. Thanks Koto, thanks Erick.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13865365343_3d0d5d5442_b.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	86859  
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:50 AM   #135
amloprinzi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Wow, this came out amazing. I just hope we can get a new sabertooth sculpt made after this one got redone, thanks for listening to the fans koto.
amloprinzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:49 AM   #136
crankyjammies
I am da law!

I understand people's desire for Rogue to be totally comic accurate but I dig this look on her. It feels less sexualized even with the heels. I love her portraits. Her neck looks a tad long but it's not anatomically impossible for someone to have that feature. Plus she has that collar on her coat which is probably the reason why Erick sculpted her with a slender neck. I'm glad she doesn't have an overly large bust size. I know the loose belt is part of the classic look but what she has on doesn't bother me at all. Change or no change, it's still a day 1 preorder for me.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:07 AM   #137
Alucard Dracul
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Do not misunderstand me.
I will buy the second version, but if both were available, certainly buy the first version without hesitation!
Alucard Dracul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:24 PM   #138
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

The normal head sculpt and hair looks a lot better on video. The shorter hair one though has some weirdness going on with the eyes and I think the smirk could be better. More cheerful.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:42 PM   #139
scoobysnax
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

does anyone have a link for preorder?
scoobysnax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:58 PM   #140
stellaspeed
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysnax View Post
does anyone have a link for preorder?
THANK YOU! I was thinking the same thing. I think it's coming up soon but I don't know why koto did put up for her pre orders well be up soon.
stellaspeed is offline   Reply With Quote