Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-09-2023, 08:30 PM   #61
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I'd tell them you don't see it and to resend. I bet they'll say you're scamming them out of the label.
I just feel as if they are up to something.

Up until now it has all been "no returns, no refunds, you are a scammer, fraud has been reported, police charges, etc." And now out of the blue they want me to send it back but do not actually give a label. Tomorrow is when eBay can get involved and make a decision. I think I will just have them step in tomorrow. I feel like any communication with this person is a set up at this point.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 08:33 PM   #62
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Have you communicated with them at all?

You should probably maintain radio silence, but it is tempting to reply to that last one:

"You have not done any of those things, because as we both know, YOU are the scammer."

No, I have not. They responded to eBay opening the return with them with this.

"As we had stated, there will be no refunds on custom art and there are no refunds when we can clearly see that ?YOU? removed the parts and are now trying to say that they broke off in shipping. As we had stated that is impossible to happen as the statue was suspended in the center of a large box far larger than the statue and enough large sized bubble wrap so there was no space in the box. The type of glue that we use is for concrete as well as many other compatible material including plastic or resin. The statue was made over a year ago so the glue was defiantly dry lol as it dries in seconds. I spoke with an eBay rep and supervisor who kept notes on our discussion and eBay is an agreement with me that this was not broken in shipping as it would be impossible and that ?You? removed the parts because you wanted to glue them back on and or had buyers remorse. Also to note, the legs are three pieces per leg so 6 parts in total, strange they did not break as well smh this is an attempt of fraud and there will be no return accepted."

After getting that I felt no obligation to talk to them.
Old 05-09-2023, 08:38 PM   #63
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
No, I have not. They responded to eBay opening the return with them with this.

"As we had stated, there will be no refunds on custom art and there are no refunds when we can clearly see that ?YOU? removed the parts and are now trying to say that they broke off in shipping. As we had stated that is impossible to happen as the statue was suspended in the center of a large box far larger than the statue and enough large sized bubble wrap so there was no space in the box. The type of glue that we use is for concrete as well as many other compatible material including plastic or resin. The statue was made over a year ago so the glue was defiantly dry lol as it dries in seconds. I spoke with an eBay rep and supervisor who kept notes on our discussion and eBay is an agreement with me that this was not broken in shipping as it would be impossible and that ?You? removed the parts because you wanted to glue them back on and or had buyers remorse. Also to note, the legs are three pieces per leg so 6 parts in total, strange they did not break as well smh this is an attempt of fraud and there will be no return accepted."

After getting that I felt no obligation to talk to them.
Yeah, I read that one. Hilarious.

Sorry you have to deal with such a dumbass, but ebay almost always sides with buyers. Every single listing on ebay that says "No returns" (including all my videogame listings in the past) mean nothing, because ebay will tell the seller to refund the item. I've only had ONE person ever take issue with an item, and I was forced to refund, despite "No Returns" stated. No investigation, no nothing. Just an ebay message commanding me to refund.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 08:43 PM   #64
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
I just feel as if they are up to something.

Up until now it has all been "no returns, no refunds, you are a scammer, fraud has been reported, police charges, etc." And now out of the blue they want me to send it back but do not actually give a label. Tomorrow is when eBay can get involved and make a decision. I think I will just have them step in tomorrow. I feel like any communication with this person is a set up at this point.
Oh, okay. I thought Ebay was telling them to accept the return. Definitely wait in that case...they either messed up on sending the label or are trying to pull something. Either way I think they've realized they're likely going to lose the case.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 08:56 PM   #65
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Oh, okay. I thought Ebay was telling them to accept the return. Definitely wait in that case...they either messed up on sending the label or are trying to pull something. Either way I think they've realized they're likely going to lose the case.
eBay has not stepped in yet. The service rep I spoke to opened the case for me and said I had to give them a week before they could step in. The week is up at end of today and I can have eBay step in tomorrow. Which I am of course going to do.
Old 05-10-2023, 08:42 AM   #66
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I asked eBay to step in this morning. Said it would take 48-72 hours.
Old 05-10-2023, 09:17 AM   #67
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
I asked eBay to step in this morning. Said it would take 48-72 hours.
...and about 3-5 more unhinged messages from the seller
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 09:19 AM   #68
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Yeah, I am so looking forward to getting those. I'll post them as I get them. LOL
Old 05-10-2023, 11:00 AM   #69
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post

At this rate the seller will issue JeremyDMC a full disadulation.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 11:11 AM   #70
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post

At this rate the seller will issue JeremyDMC a full disadulation.