Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-13-2024, 04:31 AM   #161
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Ah, I was expecting a much bigger number. If it?s only about 10, QS is in big trouble because very few retailers are even offering this right now. I?m shocked SC and BBTS haven?t gotten it. Popcultcha in AU haven?t gotten any, either.

I haven?t paid attention too much, but why wouldn?t SS be able to stock it? I know they?ve gotten very select QS statues in the past. Some of them were Marvel. They usually sell their QS stock faster than other retailers from what I?ve noticed.
10 was a guesstimate, probably more. I’m actually surprised that 5 would sell this fast at the price point lol.

I think this is one of the grey area items that Spec has. None of the others have this. Also, you can’t buy direct from Queen because the availability is only China. I don’t really get why this isn’t when all the other Marvel stuff has been available. It’s all scattered in who sells what, it’s annoying.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 07:06 AM   #162
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Ah, I was expecting a much bigger number. If it?s only about 10, QS is in big trouble because very few retailers are even offering this right now. I?m shocked SC and BBTS haven?t gotten it. Popcultcha in AU haven?t gotten any, either.

I haven?t paid attention too much, but why wouldn?t SS be able to stock it? I know they?ve gotten very select QS statues in the past. Some of them were Marvel. They usually sell their QS stock faster than other retailers from what I?ve noticed.
Queen had for a short time, had a worldwide licence (more or less). But they let it lapse, I think because they were slowing down preorders, and there was no point in re-upping, if they weren?t creating anything new. At least, not in sufficient numbers. And most who wanted their pieces, already had avenues for purchasing.

I guess they had some sort of deal with Sideshow too. But usually silicone went through ECC and Polystone through Sideshow.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 09:25 AM   #163
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:

Depends on the licensing, I'm not sure if this is licensed for America or Australia, so they need to go through resellers like Spec.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 11:35 AM   #164
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Depends on the licensing, I'm not sure if this is licensed for America or Australia, so they need to go through resellers like Spec.
Only licensed for South East Asia and Europe. So it wasn’t licensed for either America or Australia, hence the higher charges from Sugo.

I find whenever it is licensed for Australia, the conversion price is usually pretty favourable.
Old 04-13-2024, 04:24 PM   #165
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
10 was a guesstimate, probably more. I?m actually surprised that 5 would sell this fast at the price point lol.

I think this is one of the grey area items that Spec has. None of the others have this. Also, you can?t buy direct from Queen because the availability is only China. I don?t really get why this isn?t when all the other Marvel stuff has been available. It?s all scattered in who sells what, it?s annoying.
Including Phoenix and that other guy here, I have seen a total of 5 people confirmed to order this through FB and IG. If Queen is going to be so restrictive in who can sell this, how would they even get remotely close to 300? It doesn't even seem likely they could get to 100 at this point.

It's funny that now JND comes out and admits that they can't get away with the overcharging that they were doing the last few years. If John Wick ends up being close to $2k as well, QS is pretty screwed because JND kind of set this high bar for the market and if they lower prices, other companies will have to follow suit to compete.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 05:15 PM   #166
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Including Phoenix and that other guy here, I have seen a total of 5 people confirmed to order this through FB and IG. If Queen is going to be so restrictive in who can sell this, how would they even get remotely close to 300? It doesn't even seem likely they could get to 100 at this point.

It's funny that now JND comes out and admits that they can't get away with the overcharging that they were doing the last few years. If John Wick ends up being close to $2k as well, QS is pretty screwed because JND kind of set this high bar for the market and if they lower prices, other companies will have to follow suit to compete.
Yeah it’s pricey. But at the end of the day I spent about the same for my Loki bust (as Sugo used a worse price conversion for whatever reason). And I’m spending maybe $500 USD more than I did on JND’s Wonder Woman, and this Hulk will dwarf that piece.

……... just trying to find any reason to justify my purchase

And I ordered this at the same time with JND’s MP Catwoman.
Old 04-13-2024, 05:53 PM   #167
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
??... just trying to find any reason to justify my purchase

And I ordered this at the same time with JND?s MP Catwoman.
Bye bye paycheck!
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 06:01 PM   #168
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Bye bye paycheck!
Bye bye bank account As I paid my deposits in cash. To get an additional 3% discount on the entire order.
Old 04-13-2024, 09:56 PM   #169
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:

I don’t think they are purposely being restrictive. In order to keep their licenses they have to follow rules. If they were being restrictive, I would think they would crack down on Spec and Sugo for selling the restricted pieces. But gladly they aren’t. It’s our only legit way of obtaining them without going through China sellers directly.

All of this licensing, region BS, who can do what, who can only do this and that BS is infuriating. Sideshow is the absolute worst holding the Star Wars license hostage.

I agree, ain’t no way they sell 300 of these lol. I also think 100 is pushing it. But the ES at 100 makes a lot more sense and I feel should have been the number. Let’s be real though, all of these companies don’t stick to their edition sizes. And what?s this about JND? Crazy they would admit that. Good for us collectors. Let’s hope they all wake up before the hobby fully dies out.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 02:31 AM   #170
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:

I'm planning to order this, I'm just waiting to see what QS does with the ES. If they plan to decrease the ES significantly, I'll PO. If not, it would be better to wait until it's in stock.

I honestly thought JND would be the last company to lower their prices, considering the demographic they attempt to cater to. Good to know that the market isn't carried by a small group of wealthy collectors, but by the masses of regular income collectors.

I also think it's strange QS didn't see this coming. The market went down the gutter months ago, very few pieces are selling out nowadays, especially if they're on the more expensive side.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote