Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 08-17-2007, 01:38 PM   #61
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
I agree with the general 100%.

MLB made it worse giving freaking an admitted steroid user, jason giambi, a free pass due to "community service." Pure bs.
It is BS. Then they’re going to sit there and throw stones like they didn’t do anything. Freak’n idiots. You let all of these guys roid up and then years later throw everyone under the bus and expect guys to start ratting on other players.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:54 PM   #62
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
It is BS. Then they’re going to sit there and throw stones like they didn’t do anything. Freak’n idiots. You let all of these guys roid up and then years later throw everyone under the bus and expect guys to start ratting on other players.

I realize this has been a question that's been asked a million times...
How would you propose the MLB fix baseball?
What would it take?

A salary cap?
Regular drug testings with serious fines and penalties?
Folding 5 or 6 teams?
A DH or no DH in both leagues?
More International teams?
Shorter seasons?
Longer playoffs with more teams able to make it?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:20 AM   #63
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I realize this has been a question that's been asked a million times...
How would you propose the MLB fix baseball?
What would it take?

A salary cap?
Regular drug testings with serious fines and penalties?
Folding 5 or 6 teams?
A DH or no DH in both leagues?
More International teams?
Shorter seasons?
Longer playoffs with more teams able to make it?

I'm not even sure. No salary cap. Salary cap is one of the reasons the NBA sucks. DH in both leagues I think is long overdue. They should find some way to force some of these deadbeat owners to put some money on the field. They put nothing on the field and dare sit there and point fingers at the Yankees & Red Sux.

I wouldn't add more teams to the playoffs but I'd tweak em' a bit. The most evil man in baseball Scott Boras had a genius plan for the playoffs. I can't remember all of the details but it was so good that the MLB commissioner actually met with him about it. One of the things that stuck in my mind was to extend the series to a best of nine and play 2 or 3 games in a random park like the Superbowl. I'm going to try and find all the details. It was pretty cool.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:44 AM   #64
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I'm not even sure. No salary cap. Salary cap is one of the reasons the NBA sucks. DH in both leagues I think is long overdue. They should find some way to force some of these deadbeat owners to put some money on the field. They put nothing on the field and dare sit there and point fingers at the Yankees & Red Sux.

I wouldn't add more teams to the playoffs but I'd tweak em' a bit. The most evil man in baseball Scott Boras had a genius plan for the playoffs. I can't remember all of the details but it was so good that the MLB commissioner actually met with him about it. One of the things that stuck in my mind was to extend the series to a best of nine and play 2 or 3 games in a random park like the Superbowl. I'm going to try and find all the details. It was pretty cool.
Woah, woah, woah!!!

DH?!?!?!?
Who the hell want's a DH in both leagues... ???
DH takes the whole strategy out of the game....
Why would you do that?

The world series currently runs into the 1st couple of days in November... Why would you extend it ....??

The playoff format is fine as is.. they just got to get that whole All-Star game winner determines home field advantage for the W.S. out the door....

But i do agree with you regarding some of these owners... a lot of them are pocketing the money from revenue sharing instead of injecting the money into their teams for better players...
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:40 AM   #65
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The DH doesn't seem to be hurting the AL game. I think it doesn't hurt the game at all. Knowing that 60% of the time theres an automatic out is lame IMO. I like Boras's ideas.