Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-09-2017, 03:10 PM   #1601
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Thanks Bryan, you guys again showing you're true class acts.

So yea, Venom is massive!!! Holy crap, I'm not entirely sure the space I have reserved for him will fit.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 05:51 PM   #1602
GaryTonge
Kingpin

This is easily the best Venom of all time.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:15 PM   #1603
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I wholeheartedly respect your opinion but with so many other awesome Venoms on the market, why does THIS one takes the cake for you? I'm genuinely curious.
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:37 PM   #1604
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Some of us criticize XM over a long time if something is wrong, way before someone hear about XM or have a statue in hand.

What i mean is we stay relax at a point like that, because we have the trust. It works more in the background and yes guys like Bmutha, Kris or myself are hard on criticize XM for things. It just not happen here, that´s all.
Thanks for stressing that Grumpy. But it's like most people here have blinders on when it comes to the few of us XM fans that often defend (unnecessarily at times since the product speaks for itself) XM. So they automatically think we have nothing negative to say or critique when it comes to XM and that couldn't be further from the truth.

I speak my mind on XM products just like I speak my mind on Prime 1 products, or SS or PCS products. IN fact, I criticize or critique XM products more than any other company because I like their products and AD the most and want them to be successful and continue to strive for bigger and better things.

But I dare anyone to challenge that I have not lambasted XM for certain things...hmm hmm...Elektra being one. Venom McFarlane jaw being another (although admittedly I was first thrown off thinking it could be just a 1 up situation). Knowing how huge a fan of Transformers I am, I have almost had arguments with XM about Optimus Prime's abdomen area or the size of Starscream's wings, etc. The color of Witchblade's armor...list goes on.

For the better part of several months I have been working on refraining from making comments or getting involved in silly banter. Anyone who knows me from my numerous posts in the past knows I would have laid into Forps in the SS thread a thousand times over with his asinine comments. But I refrained...not worth it any more. No need getting my ire all worked up because others spit faulty or idiotic information about anything. And no matter what I say...people are going to believe what they want to believe...I can't do anything about it.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:39 PM   #1605
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
I wholeheartedly respect your opinion but with so many other awesome Venoms on the market, why does THIS one takes the cake for you? I'm genuinely curious.
Quite simply because it looks the best. It looks most like the style if Venom I prefer. Again, it comes down to simple aesthetics.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:52 PM   #1606
Gecktechs

Quote:
Quite simply because it looks the best. It looks most like the style if Venom I prefer. Again, it comes down to simple aesthetics.
Cool man. I'm really happy to be getting this myself. Not sure if it's going to be my favorite yet but it definitely looks like a heavy contender! I have their 1/4 Bust and the Comiquette so the decision will be tough. It's funny - theres so many awesome aspects from each statue that if put together in the right order, I feel the ultimate Venom statue would be made. Love the pose and switch out's on XM's. Love the TEETH on the bust (they're nice and sharp, not rounded off) and the base on the comiquette is my favorite. Love that Daily Bugle reference. Anyway - keep the pics coming peeps!
Old 04-09-2017, 08:03 PM   #1607
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecktechs View Post
STOP IT RIGHT THERE!! Lmao, You've already F'd up. While I personally think they did the right thing by addressing and correcting the issue - You gotta live in a winter WONDERLAND if you think they are obligated to fix their mistakes. Only in a perfect world does everyone take responsibility for their mistakes and only in an even moreeee perfect world do people take steps to correct them. I'm just saying - don't expect everyone to do that. Not XM, not anyone - because the minute you take that for granted and they DON'T or CAN'T, your gonna get upset. Thats all man. Kudos to XM for being classy tho, I respect that. It's nice to see a company that listens. BTW - I'm not coming at you sideways either Shizzle. I've just been fairly quiet on the forums lately, sitting back and seeing what everyone has to say. I'm just lettin loose
Just to clear the air...XM has stated as much that if there is an ISSUE ON THEIR PART...they will fix it and the money will not come out of the collector's pocket to do so. Bryan said as much on this very forum numerous times.

The Venom McFarlane head is such an example. Black Widow leaning was an example. Ant-Man head was an example.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:34 PM   #1608
Gecktechs

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Just to clear the air...XM has stated as much that if there is an ISSUE ON THEIR PART...they will fix it and the money will not come out of the collector's pocket to do so. Bryan said as much on this very forum numerous times.

The Venom McFarlane head is such an example. Black Widow leaning was an example. Ant-Man head was an example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Listening to collectors' feedback is an important aspect of what XM means to us and we will never forget that. We cannot guarantee being able to make 100% things right (sometimes there are limitations due to how far the process is, approvals, costs etc) but we will always try our very best.
Thats funny because shorudan JUST posted that piece above about not guranteeing the correction of all mistakes. And ALL I am saying is that while they have been great in doing it SO FAR, do not take it for granted. Because when the time comes that they don't or CAN'T (and it will) - You guys will be dissapointed and upset. *Just clearing the air*
Old 04-09-2017, 08:43 PM   #1609
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
top 3 for me, but defn not number 1 from all the in hand pics I've seen.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:55 PM   #1610
Gecktechs

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
top 3 for me, but defn not number 1 from all the in hand pics I've seen.
Whos your #1?