Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-18-2019, 02:55 PM   #421
Peedi
The Secret Six

It seems to be something that popped up in the comics briefly, was used in the cartoon, and toys/merchandise treated it as normal when it’s really not.

Random notes
* ”quiet, Jubilation” sounds weird for Wolverine lol
* “it would appear at one point, he (Iceman) had very strong feelings towards her”...oh, retcons...
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:09 PM   #422
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Thought they were reinterpreting the costumes with briefless designs this looks abit generic
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:35 AM   #423
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Good lord this is the ----!

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
I strongly prefer the darker blue from the first PF than this one.

The colors on Green Arrow and Gambit turned out so beautifully. They had a chance to do something like this for Cyclops. At least remove those yellow briefs and try to add a modern touch to this costume.

I really like XM's Approach to the suit but man, remove those briefs.

Do something like this:

abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:27 PM   #424
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubakarhimself View Post
Thought they were reinterpreting the costumes with briefless designs this looks abit generic
Not really. Magneto is the only one they removed the briefs for. Outside of him, Cyclops and Colossus (and Emma...?) I don’t think any of the other costumes Sideshow chose to use had briefs in the comics to begin with (I maintain that Wolverine is the Astonishing costume, this it never has briefs to begin with).

You can argue maybe Cable they reinterpreted without briefs but I don’t count him because he changes costumes literally book to book. Cable transcends concepts of “accuracy”, “comic based” and “redesign”. His costumes just “are”.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:50 PM   #425
cjacobs83
Justice League

ES is 1250.

No exclusive. Love the limited run.
cjacobs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:34 PM   #426
built2shred
Phoenix

The lack of texture on his suit gives it's a cartoon vibe, although it should look great next to Jean Grey as her suit lacks textures also.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 11:19 PM   #427
Peedi
The Secret Six

Looks fairly close to the comic costume so I’m glad there’s no excessive textures. The comic costume is a plain body suit with accessories. Anything more and they might as well just design their own costume for him like they did with Wolverine, Cap, BW, Daredevil.

There’s less total Cyclops’ than Gambit’s Ex alone lol.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:27 PM   #428
srttoz
Mephisto

I'm guessing the low ex is because of lower pre-orders? Regardless I think its a good statue, although it has some weird decisions associated with it (snow base, same wolverine pose etc).

I'll probably grab it after Gambit ships if its still available.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 12:22 AM   #429
built2shred
Phoenix

The low ES is probably because most people don't like such a plain statue (thus the lack of preorders)... Comicbook purists might complain about Wolverine's textured costume but it's been selling pretty good so has X-23 with her textured outfit...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 12:38 AM   #430
Peedi
The Secret Six

I don’t remember anybody complaining about Wolverine’s textured costume. We know you like the textures, others don’t, it’s all just opinions, but I don’t remember lack of texture being a big deal discussed here when this was revealed. I remember people posting just a sense of underwhelm and awkwardness from this regardless of how many lines, sections, dashes, dots, perforations and grid patterns do or don’t exist. The awkward arm threw people off. Lack of Ex probably determined preorder amounts which influences the ES, this can be purchased from other sources for a bit cheaper up front. Then there’s the people who didn’t want this costume at all so it’s a pass for them. Jean’s total ES is still more, so it has to be factors specific to this Cyclops.

Also, there’s an existing Cyclops PF as an option and the XM for those who want to spend that and want more textures. There’s options for this costume for Cyclops so people didn’t have to go with this one.