Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 05-24-2006, 12:55 PM   #1
Justin
Jedi Order

Question Your top 3 all time greatest sporting moments

Guys my local sports radio station is having poll at the moment as to what the viewers think are the top 3 all time greatest sporting moments, List your nominations here and we will get a poll going to see what the majority of people think is the top sporting moment of all time.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:02 PM   #2
kaza5555
New Republic

So many great moments for me, but only one will stand as the greatest moment. The National League Championship when Montana connected with Clark for the winning touchdown to defeat Dallas and earn their first trip to the Superbowl.
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:36 PM   #3
Daywalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

#1 - buckner letting the ball roll through his lets thus leading the mets to be WS champs in 86

#2 - 94 rangers winning the stanley cup

#3 - watching the game where ripken borke gerhigs consecutive game record
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:52 PM   #4
pablocruze
Minister of GORE/ROT Mod Relations

1) "The Catch" - Montana to Clark, SF over Dallas

2) "The Drive" - Montana leads 49ers to 20-16 victory over Cincinnati with 1:08 left on the clock

3) "the Comeback" - Montana leads 49ers to 38-35 cvictory over Saints after being down 35-7 at halftime.
pablocruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 02:28 PM   #5
aka_iky
The Spirit

Number 1 -- Miracle on Ice -- 1980 US Olympic Hockey team beats the Solviet Union's Hockey team

Number 2 -- Pablo you had the right title, but the wrong description.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocruze
2) "The Drive" - Montana leads 49ers to 20-16 victory over Cincinnati with 1:08 left on the clock
"The Drive" -- AFC Championship game and John Elway drives the Broncos 98 yards for the tying TD and they win in OT. (BTW I am a die hard Broncos fan and it was hard to choose between this and the Broncos first Superbowl win because that was an amazing game versus the Packers)

Number 3 -- Tiger Woods wins the Masters and becoumes the youngest Masters Champion with record breaking 18-under and wins by 12 strokes
aka_iky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 02:33 PM   #6
aka_iky
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker
#2 - 94 rangers winning the stanley cup
If I did not put "The Drive" down as #2 I think I might have put the Ranger's 1994 Stanley Cup in that slot instead. That was a great series against Vancouver and Messier showed why he is one of the best leaders in hockey.
aka_iky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 02:53 PM   #7
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

1st would be the "Immaculate Reception" Franco Harris scooping up the football and running in for the touchdown and the win against the Raiders

2nd would be the "Immaculate Redemption" Bettis fumbling on the 1 yard line against the Colts only to have Ben Rothlisberger tackle and save the day.

3rd would be Mike Vanderjagt choking the field goal attempt a few plays later and everyone's "He missed it" reaction and the Steelers win

obviously I'm a huge Steelers fan so these came to mind

In baseball The Steve Bartman Vs Moises Alou blunder in left field during Game 6 of the NLCS , it will live in infamy
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 03:17 PM   #8
Gianco
X-Force

What about Lance Armstrong awesome comeback?! A miracle recovery from cancer just to win the Tour de France seven consecutive times.

"Rumble in the Jungle" Ali vs. Foreman World Heavyweight Championship Fight, Kinshasa, Zaire - Oct. 30, 1974

Hank Aaron (Henry Louis Aaron) - AKA "Hammerin Hank, The Hammer", breaking Babe "Bambino" Ruth all-time home run record.

Among others............................I´ll be back!!!
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 03:36 PM   #9
rychehitman
Galactus

I was going to mention Lance Storm just because of his dominance in his chosen sport, but its been taken....

USA Hockey team beats the Russians for the gold! Incredible story and victory!

Mj knocking the Cavs out of the playoffs with that classic clutch shot. It was a defining moment for one of the greatest players of his chosen sport of all times.

Ali / Frasier is a good one too....the Ice Bowl was a classic moment.....Auto racing isn't a sport......

I'd have to go with my man Reggie Jackson..."Mr. October"'s classic homer! Something like that just wont be done again. The game of baseball is so tarnished now that it will never be what it used to be! (the Strikes, the scandals, the overblown payrolls.....etc.)
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 03:48 PM   #10
Gianco
X-Force

Michael Jordan, the man himself, it´s an event!!! You can pick the moment, there are so many!
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote