Statue Forum 

XM Studios

StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

Old 01-05-2018, 06:46 AM   #81
The Dark Knight
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Damn it... I did it again...

Now, i feel guilty for dissing Batman. Our releationship is so complicated... Somedays i'm angry at him... And some days i love him... Batman's not something to take serious for sure though... The thread kind of resurfaced my anger about the gun tolerant Batman... But i shouldn't have said retarded nonsense lol This will cost me, i will guilt buy a Batman statue or something as compansation... lol
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:27 PM   #82
Gothamite
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Batman's stance on guns has always been inconsistent. For someone who's against guns, he doesn't seem to have a problem with adding guns, grenades, missiles, etc. to his vehicles.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:12 PM   #83
mmk123
Frackin!

I have not read this whole post so forgive me if this has been mentioned but I felt betrayed after Crisis on Infinite Earths and the treatment of the Earth-2 characters. I do think that DC's treatment of them at that time and the shabby way they treated Roy Thomas after building up the Earth-2 universe was horrible. The sad thing was that it took DC years to see the error of their ways however right now the JSA are no where to be seen (though I do know that will change).
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:00 AM   #84
The Dark Knight
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Batman's stance on guns has always been inconsistent. For someone who's against guns, he doesn't seem to have a problem with adding guns, grenades, missiles, etc. to his vehicles.
I tried to not to think about it... But it finaly got to me with Blue Bird. Batman is the reason why i don't like guns. He made me don't like guns when i was a kid but he's often written gun tolarent... I haven't seen any guns, grenades, missiles on his car at comics or in Batman TAS... But they do that in Films, WB loves to kiss NRA's ass, i guess... whatever, i have had it... May be i turn my brain off and read Batman in the future, but right now, i really had it with how he tolarets Red Hood, Blue Bird and Batwoman...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:18 PM   #85
Mister H
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I tried to not to think about it... But it finaly got to me with Blue Bird. Batman is the reason why i don't like guns. He made me don't like guns when i was a kid but he's often written gun tolarent... I haven't seen any guns, grenades, missiles on his car at comics or in Batman TAS... But they do that in Films, WB loves to kiss NRA's ass, i guess... whatever, i have had it... May be i turn my brain off and read Batman in the future, but right now, i really had it with how he tolarets Red Hood, Blue Bird and Batwoman...
Honestly, even though Bats is my favorite fictional character, most of his comics kind of suck. Sure there are the historic, groundbreaking storie like Year One, Killing Joke, DKR, etc., but the ďday-to-day, run of the millĒ comics are boring. That is why we see so many copies of him: Batgirl, Batwoman (good lord), Azreal, the mute Batgirl, Batwing (good Lordy lord), tons of Robins, etc, etc. Heís been around for more than 75 years now and itís getting harder to tell a good Batman story without relying on the shock value. I think that I like the idea of Batman more than 90% of his actual comics. Same thing with Captain America. When a good Batman story comes out, Iím excited but I donít hold my breath for them.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote