Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-14-2018, 10:27 AM   #51
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I haven't read the old Blade but if you want to kill a vampire with a wooden stake, you need to stab him/her at the heart. Otherwise you can't even hurt the vampire, stabbing from anywhere else has no effect on the vampire. And you don't really need to carve your stakes at the shape of knifes for that... That's just unnecessary, they won't do anymore harm to a vampire, if they are at the shape of knifes. I mean not just vampires, that's ineffective against humans too, how many Soldiers use wooden knifes ? lol that's why it's kind of silly... But if you like that, it's ok ofcourse.
This is the problem with young people nowadays. You are quick to judge without any real knowledge of the subject at hand. Always rushing to have the last word. I guess, it is just the fever of modern times.

Now, a knive is only a tool in the hands of it wielder. It is certainly a deadly tool in trained hands. Wood carved blades, spears and axe-like weapons have existed throughout history in every single continent. Empires were built and defended with these weapons. You can find many of these in museums and private collections around the world. In fact, wood carved knives are still hand-made. They are gorgeous examples of millenial and ancestral craftsmanship.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:14 AM   #52
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
This is the problem with young people nowadays. You are quick to judge without any real knowledge of the subject at hand. Always rushing to have the last word. I guess, it is just the fever of modern times.

Now, a knive is only a tool in the hands of it wielder. It is certainly a deadly tool in trained hands. Wood carved blades, spears and axe-like weapons have existed throughout history in every single continent. Empires were built and defended with these weapons. You can find many of these in museums and private collections around the world. In fact, wood carved knives are still hand-made. They are gorgeous examples of millenial and ancestral craftsmanship.
Yeah, there are wood spears, i know that, but axes and knifes ? can you show me some examples ? and it's irrelevant anyway. In this day and age... using wooden knifes.. lol and i told how ineffective they will be against vampires without directly stabbing the heart or it won't extra hurt them, if the stakes are at the shape of knifes.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:25 AM   #53
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
I haven't read the old Blade but if you want to kill a vampire with a wooden stake, you need to stab him/her at the heart. Otherwise you can't even hurt the vampire, stabbing from anywhere else has no effect on the vampire. And you don't really need to carve your stakes at the shape of knifes for that... That's just unnecessary, they won't do anymore harm to a vampire, if they are at the shape of knifes. I mean not just vampires, that's ineffective against humans too, how many Soldiers use wooden knifes ? lol that's why it's kind of silly... But if you like that, it's ok ofcourse.
Why are you even arguing this? And why, especially, if you haven’t read what you’re talking about? Of course a vampire must be stabbed or staked through the heart. Where do you think Blade has aimed his wooden throwing knives? Vampires are fast and powerful creatures. Even though Blade is immune to vampire bites, vampires still can hurt, harm or kill him if the get their hands on him. He used his wooden knives to stab them in the heart at close distance and he throws them into their hearts at further distance. It’s his effective weapon in his personal war on vampires.

Last edited by wktf; 01-14-2018 at 11:28 AM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:28 AM   #54
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Why are you even arguing this? Of course a vampire must be stabbed or stakes through the heart. Where do you think Blade has aimed his wooden throwing knives. Vampires are fast and powerful creatures. Even though Blade is immune to vampire bites, they still can hurt, harm or kill him if the get their hands on him. He used his wooden knive to stab them in the heart at close distance and to throw them into their hearts at further distance. It’s his effective weapon in his personal war on vampires.
We argue this, even if i can't believe i argue this... lol But most importantly i can't believe how you can't see how riddicules it is... They won't do more damage, if they are at the shape of knifes... carving them at the shape of knifes is pointless...
Old 01-14-2018, 11:31 AM   #55
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
We argue this, even if i can't believe i argue this... lol But most importantly i can't believe how you can't see how riddicules it is... They won't do anymore damage, if they are at the shape of knifes... carving them at the shape of knifes is pointless...
Well, it is ridiculous to argue a point you certainly have no idea about. Go and read the comic, and some ancient Mesoamerican, African and Indian cultures textbook (just to name a few) while at it.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:53 AM   #56
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
Well, it is ridiculous to argue a point you certainly have no idea about. Go and read the comic, and some ancient Mesoamerican, African and Indian cultures textbook (just to name a few) while at it.
If they make an Blade omnibus, i will check it out. I thought about getting the Tomb of Dracula Omnibuses before but they were all out of stock. :/ (i didn't know Blade was in it though)

If i don't like the Blade Omnibus, you will compensate me though, ok ?
Old 01-14-2018, 12:56 PM   #57
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Plus, we should all be able to enjoy a movie be it Straight Outta Compton, or Remains of the Day.
Thus marking the first time in history (and likely the last) that these two movies appear in the same sentence.
DarkKni9hT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:04 PM   #58
MrYac
Hercules

You really are mighty hung up on this wooden knife thing , I personally find a knife made from wood far less impractical than throwing stars shaped like bats.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:14 PM   #59
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
We argue this, even if i can't believe i argue this... lol But most importantly i can't believe how you can't see how riddicules it is... They won't do anymore damage, if they are at the shape of knifes... carving them at the shape of knifes is pointless...
Why is this? You think a knife can’t penetrate a heart? That’s absurd. Now you’re arguing for the sake of arguing. Knives are deadly weapons. And besides, even if that weren’t true, it’s a comic book. Is it possible for anyone to throw a playing card through someone’s throat, as Bullseye did to Elektra? No. But it makes for great fictional storytelling. In this case, throwing knives are, in fact, in reality, deadly weapons. You’re now just picking an argument for the sake of being difficult, after previously having been insulting by referring to people who like the ‘70s Blade as 5 year olds. Be careful.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:31 PM   #60
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Why is this? You think a knife can’t penetrate a heart? That’s absurd. Now you’re arguing for the sake of arguing. Knives are deadly weapons. And besides, even if that weren’t true, it’s a comic book. Is it possible for anyone to throw a playing card through someone’s throat, as Bullseye did to Elektra? No. But it makes for great fictional storytelling. In this case, throwing knives are, in fact, in reality, deadly weapons. You’re now just picking an argument for the sake of being difficult, after previously having been insulting by referring to people who like the ‘70s Blade as 5 year olds. Be careful.
That's not what i tried say (english is my second langueage...), what i say is, even if it's in the shape of a regular stake or in the shape of a knife, it will only penetrate the heart... It won't do more than that, if the stake's carved at the shape of a knife so it's pointless to carve it in the shape of a knife.

I said i'm sorry, no need to threaten.