Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 10-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #11
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

on a side note, I also don't understand who makes the decision on the facial sculpt. They put forward a Wolverine with claws out and display him in a variety of action shots. Does a figure like Wolverine not call for an "action" face (ie. teeth gritting, etc.)?

He just looks incredibly bored with that facial sculpt. Almost as if he's irritated with something as opposed to going full on rage
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #12
SONICobra
Batman

likeness is dead on, but they've always been able to capture jackman pretty well. as others have said its a bit puzzling going with wolverine in this outfit that the only time you see him wearing it is when hes laying down on a table... I think a young magneto would have been the best character to do from this movie. if they did more than one I would think doing characters that haven't already been done 3 times already would have been a good move (colossus, bishop, sunspot, iceman, etc.)
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:10 PM   #13
dechirico7
The Flash

Wolverine, again? That is really lame. There are so many characters they could do.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #14
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

Blame Marvel and their stupid feud with Fox. They've made it much harder for Hot Toys to acquire likeness rights for the X-Men films, which is why we only ever see Wolverines from them.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:21 AM   #15
demonhunter
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
likeness is dead on, but they've always been able to capture jackman pretty well. as others have said its a bit puzzling going with wolverine in this outfit that the only time you see him wearing it is when hes laying down on a table... I think a young magneto would have been the best character to do from this movie. if they did more than one I would think doing characters that haven't already been done 3 times already would have been a good move (colossus, bishop, sunspot, iceman, etc.)
I like variety too, and would have loved Colossus, Bishop and the others.

But, I'm pretty sure, from HT's perspective, Wolverine is a sure sell & would sell a lot more than Colossus, Iceman, Sunspot combined. It's just business.

Until now, they still wouldn't make a Faora from Man of Steel. HT was asked if they would make her in a Q&A, and they simply put it as "We'll see how well Zod, Kal-El and Jor-El sell first."
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:34 AM   #16
demonhunter
Kingpin

By the way, they did do the Snarling angry face. That was for 2 releases back.

Wolverine from X3: The Last Stand.

After that, it was Wolverine in suit and tie from the movie: Wolverine.

And now, Days of Future Past.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 02:08 PM   #17
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
I like variety too, and would have loved Colossus, Bishop and the others.

But, I'm pretty sure, from HT's perspective, Wolverine is a sure sell & would sell a lot more than Colossus, Iceman, Sunspot combined. It's just business.

Until now, they still wouldn't make a Faora from Man of Steel. HT was asked if they would make her in a Q&A, and they simply put it as "We'll see how well Zod, Kal-El and Jor-El sell first."
someone said something in another thread that made me think it really does have to do with the fox/marvel feud - too bad for collectors

I could see faora doing very well, I think zod would have sold much better if they would have used a much more calm and stern portrait instead of the overly expressive one they went with; they could have included both
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 01:48 PM   #18
Vaako
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy 88 View Post
The sneak they did for Prof X from X-men 1st Class, I guess it's never gonna happen.
that one is officially cancelled
Vaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:30 PM   #19
Conehead
Luke Cage

might pick this one up,wish they would consider a Magneto.
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 01:12 PM   #20
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I am not much into 1/6 dolls and i only have 3 Hot Toys Doll but they are the dolls of my absolute favorite 3 Films so i pre-ordered DOFP Wolverine Deluxe version. First of all, Hugh Jackman, Wolverine is one of my favorite things and i got 0 collectibles about him. I terribly need this doll.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote