Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 03-29-2018, 04:53 PM   #1
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Are you still buying from PCS

Based on the refund delays, perceived shipping issues and lack of customer service replies some board members have experienced has this put anyone off purchasing from PCS going forward?
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:15 PM   #2
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

never again for me

Im still waiting for my 1:4 shao kahn to ship, customer service just keeps telling me "next week" and then "next week" and then "oh maybe next week!" and now they are just ignoring me entirely, just poor poor service they should be ashamed

other people got their kahn's a couple weeks ago

I knew I was done with PCS before this, but this just reinforces to me why I'm done with them, they better get their act together or they wont be around much longer
Quicksilver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:34 PM   #3
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

PCS is as it’s always been. Virtually nothing has changed as far as logistics.

So honestly I’m over it and it no longer bothers me. That was the kind of stuff we were complaining about like Ten years ago!

Two things have changed.

1) Under Anthony and Mark QC has improved tremendously.

2) Consumer communication (via Facebook) is vastly superior compared to waiting weeks (or months) to hear from Jerry on the forum.

An industry wide change that had impacted PCS is cost.

I have a difficult time swallowing paying an additional $50.00 to $80.00 yearly bump to retail prices. An average size 1/4 is now $500.00-$600.00 depending on complexity of the base!

It’s getting stupid, and killing the hobby quickly.

Long story short.

Yes and No.

If it’s an absolute grail (for me), yes. But the days of buying everything they make (like I used to) are over. Because the prices are ludicrous and aftermarket value is crap, because retail is so high.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:44 PM   #4
AkumaParallax
Fantastic Four

Not adding much. But for me the bottom line is the QC and the sculpts. And those (in my opinion) have always been on point and I have been happy with every single purchase I ever have made. Do i cry when things are delayed months even sometimes a year past due? YES of course. But at the end of the day as long as the piece comes to me beautiful, not damaged, thats what does it for me. I will be more careful in what I purchase and pre-order but I will continue to purchase from PCS despite the issues because to put it frankly. I just love their stuff and their licenses!
AkumaParallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:17 PM   #5
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
PCS is as it’s always been. Virtually nothing has changed as far as logistics.

So honestly I’m over it and it no longer bothers me. That was the kind of stuff we were complaining about like Ten years ago!
Pretty much.

Since the years I have been, logistically / technically, I have not seen much change. Frankly...as slow as I recall.

I can recall around after the ninjas 1/4 came out and more MK pieces and PCS started getting more buzz saying, "I hope they change things. As current people are ok with / understand it...newer customers, not in the know, will quickly come to question things."

Then as you point out...yet again.

Even for my friends I personally talk to that was about statues. I suggest PCS sometimes, but just warn them of the timeframes.

Buy and forget and eventually you will (most likely) be happy in the end.

For me, technically I would still "buy from PCS"...I just wont PO.
But then, that goes for all companies these days, not just PCS.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:10 PM   #6
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

I'm at my limit of Street Fighter collectibles in my collection. I have five 1:4 MM. I can't add anymore, Street Fighter is not important enough to me. I'm not interested in any of their other licenses.

I'm at the stage where if I want something new, I have to get rid of something old. Living in Australia though, it's not an easy thing to do due to everybody having to pay more for shipping which generally means the seller has to sell for less to accommodate.

I was and still am interested in the player 2 ultra Dhalsim. And am in constant turmoil whether or not to unload the MM statues and order it. A really good Bison is what will probably eventually force my hand. Whether it be an ultimate or a 1:3.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:02 PM   #7
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Unfortunately I stopped buying from Pop Culture Shock a few years ago. Their main lines were Street Figther and Mortal Kombat. Loved the direction of the MK9 line. So I bought Scorpion and eventually pre-ordered Sub Zero. But once I received Scorpion MK10 was announced, with no information the line was quietly cancelled. So that really hurt my interest in finishing lines.

I also started Street Fighter. With the new Ryu, missed a few and pre-ordered Vega. But they took so long that I lost interest. So I have been selling statues that I can't complete line wise (at least complete for me). Basically if I have an order, I just cancelled it. I dont regret it, plus it would take roughly 3 years and I know I would move before that time comes.

I'm not crapping on the quality but completing lines is super important to me. So I have gone with other companies that will keep going and not cancel half way through. I will keep my MK9 Scorpion and Sub Zero since that setup is sick. And a few others like Goro but I will probably sell the rest. I'm just glad I didnt continue to order more.
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:43 PM   #8
V8Falcon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

As a more casual collector especially when it comes to PCS because I’m only in it for movie characters I haven’t had any problem with their service or products so far. Though I’m not too keen on waiting 2+ years from preorder to release date but so long as I’m happy with the end result I’ll be sticking with them.
V8Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:48 PM   #9
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Looks like they are no longer a Forum supporter. They couldn't handle the well deserved bad publicity.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:14 PM   #10
Professor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Once I get my chun li i'm done with them and not getting anything else from them. There are to many other statues companies out there that are less stressful to deal with for comparable prices and quality.
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote