Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-15-2018, 11:18 PM   #631
wildmadshotgun
Kindly Asked To Leave

i bought alot of statue, and have no clue about the cbsa thing,can someone explain me the scam going on

i still didnt get the custom quote $$ for thanos
wildmadshotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:34 AM   #632
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmadshotgun View Post
i bought alot of statue, and have no clue about the cbsa thing,can someone explain me the scam going on

i still didnt get the custom quote $$ for thanos
essentially they are (wrongly) charging an extra 6.5% duty due to b.s. codes. You have to fight them to get your money back. an unfortunately long-winded process, but thankfully vs1976 can get you the proper forms to start the process.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:07 AM   #633
koflach
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I just get all of my stuff sent to a receiving company across the border that charges me $4 cdn to accept the package for me. I pay less on shipping that way and just take care of things at the border myself. way cheaper that way.
koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:26 AM   #634
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

So I am returning a damage statue back to ssc. The return label HS code was 6810.99.0080 which is article of "Cement". Really?? WTF? Lol
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 01:18 AM   #635
koflach

If any of you are around the Langley area you should try dealing with Toy Traders for your statues. They will handle all of the repairs and exchanges for you with SSC. They don't charge anything for shipping as they buy a tonne of stuff with SSC and they charge retail price on any preorders. The one draw back is that you can't pre-pay for your statues, they want you to pay in full when it arrives due to fluctuations in the dollar.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:11 PM   #636
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koflach View Post
If any of you are around the Langley area you should try dealing with Toy Traders for your statues. They will handle all of the repairs and exchanges for you with SSC. They don't charge anything for shipping as they buy a tonne of stuff with SSC and they charge retail price on any preorders. The one draw back is that you can't pre-pay for your statues, they want you to pay in full when it arrives due to fluctuations in the dollar.
That could go either way though - could cost less, could cost more.

The main drawback for me would be no reward points - but the zero shipping might balance that

Would they be able to order EX's?

Thanks for the heads-up

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:22 PM   #637
Deadpooly07
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
That could go either way though - could cost less, could cost more.

The main drawback for me would be no reward points - but the zero shipping might balance that

Would they be able to order EX's?

Thanks for the heads-up

i have dealt with toy traders for years and dealing with them has always been a good experience... i never had an issue insuring an ex up until a year or two ago but apparently sideshow changed rules regarding retailers and I can no longer guarantee I'll receive an ex... If you want a regular or there is no ex it is a great alternative to ordering direct.
Deadpooly07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:06 PM   #638
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpooly07 View Post
i have dealt with toy traders for years and dealing with them has always been a good experience... i never had an issue insuring an ex up until a year or two ago but apparently sideshow changed rules regarding retailers and I can no longer guarantee I'll receive an ex... If you want a regular or there is no ex it is a great alternative to ordering direct.
Good to know - thanks!

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:21 PM   #639
koflach

I ended up buying my Thanos on Throne through Toy Traders and was charged $1499.95 CAD + tax. No additional freight or duty charges. They just took the US price and actually charged less than the converted price on the SSC website. Great guys to deal with so far.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:22 PM   #640
Pwesty
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koflach View Post
I ended up buying my Thanos on Throne through Toy Traders and was charged $1499.95 CAD + tax. No additional freight or duty charges. They just took the US price and actually charged less than the converted price on the SSC website. Great guys to deal with so far.
I always will buy my statues from Toy Traders, great guys to deal with they also let me inspect the statue before I purchase it!
Pwesty is offline   Reply With Quote