Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-24-2018, 06:00 AM   #251
Atimantium
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
Actually, i don't know why exactly ...But it doesn't bother me at all on Superman...It bothers me more on Magneto than Sups...
That is very odd. They are exactly the same just different colors. But we like what we like, sometimes it’s as easy as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I’d be surprised if Supes is $100 more than WW. I think they’ll be the same price.
Wonder Woman $599. Superman $650. The $50 is for the engineering of the floating pose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
$100 more than WW seems about right. Braniac's skull base complexity reminds me of the new Deadpool (which was $650) with the translucent explosion effects. The pose would also similarly require a metal support rod.
Deadpool was $699. I don’t think they’ll push $700 for Superman. But $650 sounds better even though it’s practically the same.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 06:13 AM   #252
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atimantium View Post
That is very odd. They are exactly the same just different colors. But we like what we like, sometimes it’s as easy as that.

Wonder Woman $599. Superman $650. The $50 is for the engineering of the floating pose.

Deadpool was $699. I don’t think they’ll push $700 for Superman. But $650 sounds better even though it’s practically the same.

Wonder Woman is known to be $560. Supes will be the same in my opinion.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:42 AM   #253
Atimantium
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
Wonder Woman is known to be $560. Supes will be the same in my opinion.
I didn't see that. Thanks for correcting me. I hope you are right.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:00 AM   #254
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

If I were to switch any I think I would leave my original Superman and pick up a new Batman (I just have some issues with the scale of Bats). The WW piece is really, well, at the discretion of whether you want something more "comic" or "realistic". The original one looks more like she's drawn versus the new one which looks more like a photograph. Know what I mean?

I like the original style of the first Superman PF. Not the most glamorous sculpt and simple, but that's how I grew up knowing Superman. I don't think we'll see more of these simple sculpts that portray the characters as they were when we were younger and as amazing as some of these new pieces look I'm not in a rush to get rid of my original PFs.

Even in the movies he wasn't an overly muscle-bound character. This new one is very very nice, but in all honesty I think if this one came out first and they launched a limited series for original nostalgic collectors who knew the characters as they were Id be looking to trade out for the current PF.

This is like redoing the original Lapti Nek Jabba Palace score...cool effects, I see more Boba Fett, but just not how I know and remember it.

Crazy, right?
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:41 AM   #255
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
If I were to switch any I think I would leave my original Superman and pick up a new Batman (I just have some issues with the scale of Bats). The WW piece is really, well, at the discretion of whether you want something more "comic" or "realistic". The original one looks more like she's drawn versus the new one which looks more like a photograph. Know what I mean?

I like the original style of the first Superman PF. Not the most glamorous sculpt and simple, but that's how I grew up knowing Superman. I don't think we'll see more of these simple sculpts that portray the characters as they were when we were younger and as amazing as some of these new pieces look I'm not in a rush to get rid of my original PFs.

Even in the movies he wasn't an overly muscle-bound character. This new one is very very nice, but in all honesty I think if this one came out first and they launched a limited series for original nostalgic collectors who knew the characters as they were Id be looking to trade out for the current PF.

This is like redoing the original Lapti Nek Jabba Palace score...cool effects, I see more Boba Fett, but just not how I know and remember it.

Crazy, right?
I feel the same way. I totally get where people are coming from when they say the first ones look dated but to me that's part of the appeal. I feel they are more iconic looking than this new set and they bring back much more nostalgia for me. That said I may still get the Wonder Woman because I think she is way more attractive and I wasn't crazy about the production quality of the first one. She's also a pain to display with that spear.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:45 AM   #256
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post

Crazy, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I feel the same way. I totally get where people are coming from when they say the first ones look dated but to me that's part of the appeal. I feel they are more iconic looking than this new set and they bring back much more nostalgia for me. That said I may still get the Wonder Woman because I think she is way more attractive and I wasn't crazy about the production quality of the first one. She's also a pain to display with that spear.

I think it all comes down to different perceptions of Superman ...and different preferences. And this has something to do with which version you grew up with.

Seems you two like the Christopher Reeves look to Superman. Just lean and some muscles. And I'm sure there are a lot of collectors that view him the same way.

Then there are other collectors, like myself, that like the muscular and ripped look to Superman. Muscular and ripped ....but not like Bane or Hulk. This is the Superman I grew up with ...and I'm sure there are others like me, too.

Nothing wrong with that. I'm glad SSC provided the first Superman PF for those that like that look. And I'm extremely glad that SSC has now given us this second Superman PF for those that like this look. Best of both worlds, no?
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:50 AM   #257
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atimantium View Post

Ah, thank you for the correction on DP's price.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:54 AM   #258
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I grew up with the old Superman look, but I disliked the PF. I felt that the mixed media wasn't well executed and the pose looked a bit too stiff.

This new one has a great pose and I think it has enough of the traditional elements(minus the undies) for me to relate to.

I also agree with Mr.Niceguy's comments about the original WW PF. It looks more comic styled than the new one.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:19 PM   #259
grphyx1
Kingpin

I am obsessed with this statue. It is a great rendition of Supes. Said it before but this is the most handsome face they have sculpted for the man of steel.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:25 PM   #260
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I think it all comes down to different perceptions of Superman ...and different preferences. And this has something to do with which version you grew up with.

Seems you two like the Christopher Reeves look to Superman. Just lean and some muscles. And I'm sure there are a lot of collectors that view him the same way.

Then there are other collectors, like myself, that like the muscular and ripped look to Superman. Muscular and ripped ....but not like Bane or Hulk. This is the Superman I grew up with ...and I'm sure there are others like me, too.

Nothing wrong with that. I'm glad SSC provided the first Superman PF for those that like that look. And I'm extremely glad that SSC has now given us this second Superman PF for those that like this look. Best of both worlds, no?
Wait, but Christopher Reeve IS Superman

Good post AC I agree best of both worlds.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote