Boba Fett Mythos 1/6th Scale Figure 3 1.44%
Nada 50 23.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2018, 01:02 PM   #121
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
Would you put the P1 Flash with your SS JL line? Just curious. I wouldn't be able to and be satisfied.
No doubt- if I like a piece, I get it too.
The P1 flash wouldn’t look right with that line plus it’s not premium format either and I feel like the metallic red on his costume just wouldn’t mesh well with the other statues. Now with all that being said, I actually like the flash statue and might buy it as a one off for my collection just to have a 1/4 flash. I think the statue is quite dynamic and unique. The best 52 statue in that line in my opinion.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:06 PM   #122
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
The P1 flash wouldn’t look right with that line plus it’s not premium format either and I feel like the metallic red on his costume just wouldn’t mesh well with the other statues. Now with all that being said, I actually like the flash statue and might buy it as a one off for my collection just to have a 1/4 flash. I think the statue is quite dynamic and unique. The best 52 statue in that line in my opinion.
I thought it was the best in The new 52 by P1 too. But that Green Lantern came out awesome! Looking forward to in hand pics of the Flash.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:31 PM   #123
NinNin
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
To me that's the biggest shame of it all. To think I spent all that money working toward a JLA line that will never be completed while they pump out new modern versions leaves a very bad taste for me. I get it's a business focused on garnering new customers but leaving the loyal customers out in the cold just seems very wrong to me. Of course this is all yet to be seen but I have a very hard time believing we will ever get a Flash or Manhunter to go with the original releases.

It seems like Sideshow is doing a full reboot of the Justice League and even the Batman lines.

I'd like to think SS still cares enough to make the final two classic JL members to top off the original line, but I wont be surprised at all if they end up making more modern interpretations to match this new trinity. Who knows, with their track record maybe this time we'll get Flash and Cyborg, but no Lantern and Aquaman...

I personally didn't used to care too much if the pieces I got were classic or modern looking, as long as they looked good. For example, I thought I would be satisfied with just having XM's Batman, but it wasn't scratching that true to comic classic itch, so I got into the Sideshow PF line for that reason specifically.

But its different strokes for different folks. A lot of people aren't that strict with their collections. Some just want a good 1/4 Flash period from Sideshow and honestly that might be the best mindset to have atm. That way you can be satisfied in having that character in your collection no matter if SS decides to take a classic or modern "sideshowified" approach.

I'm a Batman guy so I'm more concerned about what Nightwing is going to look like, as well as any new villains going forward. There's so many more characters for them to tackle that I cant realistically expect SS to not deviate from a classic look from time to time. As long as I don't think the new pieces clash too much with the classic pieces I already have I'll probably order, but it doesn't mean I'll settle just to have the character. I don't care if that Deathstroke is the only one they ever make, I'm not buying it.

I must admit if I were heavy into the original JL line, given the time that's passed and the announcement of this new trinity, it would piss me off if Sideshow went with a more modern Flash and never made MM.
NinNin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:38 PM   #124
COI

Been gone for a couple of weeks. I come back to what is essentially a re-launch of the DC PF line.

It's not surprising. The business model is clearly to keep refreshing to get new collectors, while keeping older collectors on the hook by withholding certain key characters (Flash).

Not sure how I feel about it. More and more, I'm inclined to just put my wallet away and play spectator instead of collector. With the price increases, over-saturation and redundancy, it's hard to commit to any line or even specific pieces.

I dunno...maybe they're doing me and my wallet a favor because even if I love a piece, I'm not worried about missing out anymore.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:50 PM   #125
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

WB and happy new year COI the sage.

Your wallet is safe even if it's not anymore 1 day / 1 reveal but could be many reveal the same day.

19 reveals this year!

The more the reveal the less interest ?
Collectors mind 's flooded.
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote