Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-23-2018, 05:22 PM   #11
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

haha Korath we are in good company together. I hope when P1 does make a carnage that it comes on a small base... Venom is going to take up a ton of room.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:25 PM   #12
Mister H
Gen 13

Only companions that are on my top ten character list for 1/4 scale and top twenty for 1/6 scale. They also have to be great sculpts and "good" costumes.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:41 PM   #13
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

No.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:04 PM   #14
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
For me the companion piece has to be a great piece. I bought the PF spidey and Im getting the P1 venom. I want a carnage to complete the 3, but there is no carnage that is jumping out to me to buy. Pf, Comiquette, XM. None of them look good enough, so Ill wait...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath24 View Post
Funny, I'm in your exact same position. I have the spidey pf, and am ordering p1 venom. Really want a carnage but the pf just isn't doing it for me. Hopefully prime 1 announces one.
I went with Iron Studios Spider-Man, Prime 1 Venom and XM Carnage
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:28 PM   #15
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Nice. I wanted the XM carnage at first, but I just dont really love it enough to pay XM pricing here in the states.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:38 PM   #16
Castor Troy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Most of the time no,but in some exception yes.As exemple(maybe is not companion and more a bundle) i cannot buy only one cyborg ninja from PCS.I need to have all 3 because IMO they are worthless if you don't have them all.So IMO sometime a compagion piece is more than necessary.
Castor Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:42 PM   #17
BurningRage
Inhumans

If I like the companion piece(s) I will. I didn’t get the new Black Cat pf since I didn’t like the costume.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:25 AM   #18
KELPIE
New Republic

I like to and I try to, however it really depends on the property.

I have no issue with Spider-Man being on his own, however something like Snake Eye's without Storm Shadow or Scarlett really bugs me.

I also agree with what someone said earlier. Sometimes it can help me buy less because while I may like 1 piece, I don't like the set so will skip both/all.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:36 AM   #19
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Not all the time, usually I will have a Favourite of a series and I tend to buy multiple versions of that character if they appeal to me and are different enough.

I'm looking at a possible green version of shovel knight, I already have ornate on PO but not sure if I will pull the trigger for another variant. Really depends on how it's executed at the end of the day.

PCS combo packs strike a nice balance. For certain pieces they look good as a standalone piece or as a combo pack. Like the 1/3 Chun Lis or ultra vega.

For character companions, yea I'll definitely need a venom to accompany ironspider/symbiote spidey. But only for villain hero mashups I really like or pair well together. For other things like the new Jscott Campbell fairytales line, it's a no brainer to grab everything; but only gwen from his spidey lineup appealed to me.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:19 AM   #20
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

absolutely. There is no way i can start a statue line and not buy THE majority if not all of the statues that come with it.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote