Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 08-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #221
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Actually sbsp, I think you'll find that most people's biggest complaints are the small hair and undersized cape. When I look at Ivy and Elektra's hair, I can't help but wonder why Storm's is so small.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #222
sbsp13668
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Actually sbsp, I think you'll find that most people's biggest complaints are the small hair and undersized cape. When I look at Ivy and Elektra's hair, I can't help but wonder why Storm's is so small.
I meant that most of the discussion in regards to her weight was only "well, she just looks fat to me." Nobody really provided evidence of her being overweight (or not meeting the 5'11" 127 lbs body type). The closest thing this discussion has had to a reason is Madame Siryn's comment that the bottom of her outfit is unflattering (it kinda is, I think, the straps are kinda awkwardly high above her hips).

EDIT: Comparing Storm to her art, I think the main body differences are that her legs are actually thinner on the statue and her torso is shorter on the statue (and it's really long in the art, not impossibly long, but definitely longer than normal). Her waist size looks the same in the art and on the statue. Her boobs are probably too large for a 5'11" 127lbs girl. But, we're not complaining about the cup size, are we? She's probably got the most realistic-looking pair out of all the bishoujo statues, since they have a little sag; I like to think that her costume is supporting them a bit, since real boobs that big tend to sag even more without a bra.
sbsp13668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #223
Havok85
U talkin' to me?

Just got in my Storm the other day.

I think she came out looking great. I don't mind that her hair is a little shorter than the illustration and that her build is larger than other Bishoujo's. I think it fits the character just fine.

Of course everyone has their opinion but she gets my recommendation. Here's a few pictures.....

Havok85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #224
Havok85
U talkin' to me?

Havok85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #225
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I got my SDCC one yesterday and plan on taking some pics this weekend...and all I can say is wow-I like her-I was surprised but when I say this-She is so huge-not meaning anything bad-the figure is just so much bigger than some of my others-NOW on that note-KOTO-please make larger Phoenix and Rogue...PpLease!!!
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote