Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 03-15-2019, 12:21 AM   #111
Sjb
Justice League

Kind of quiet on this page since Hawkman became available. Anyone getting him?
Sjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:58 AM   #112
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjb View Post
I wish.

Unfortunately all the unavailable space (as I already have to box up statues for my current preorders) is already spoken for, otherwise if I had only recently started collecting I would definitely be getting this.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:52 AM   #113
Savage
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I‘m torn between this visual stunning piece and the circumstance of a huge 1/3 scale statue which are costly and take a lot of space. Hawkman was not even considered as a new entry for my collection, but does this look majestic or what?
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:14 AM   #114
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
So in some of the photos of the out stretched wings they stick straight out to the sides, more or less level. In other pics they are slightly swept upwards. I'd like to know which it really is. Not a deal breaker either way, but I much prefer the upswept look. Though I suspect level because there is that photo of him at a show and they are level in that pic. It would be super cool if they were adjustable!
Honestly, to me, the pics of the open wings look like they're Photoshopped.

I do love how they do the measurements on the pics to show the true height/width/depth. This is something that other companies, especially Prime 1 need to get on top of. Example below.

This is super helpful, IMO.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:00 AM   #115
Sjb
Justice League

I'm thinking of ordering through the iron studios website. They had a coupon pop up on their site when I visited for free shipping, which I figure would be worth about $200. My thought is that I could order the delux version from them for close to what I would pay for the single wing version through the other sites that are carrying this statue. Has anyone ordered through them before?
Old 03-15-2019, 10:19 AM   #116
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'd love to own this piece. I think its one of Iron Studios's Best Work.

Unfortunately, this guy is too massive. Not enough room. If it was 1/4 scale I'd instantly get him
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:37 AM   #117
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
I'll be picking him up and I NEVER thought at any time that I would be adding Hawkman to my collection but this statue is just too Majestic and Epic to skip on. I just can't seem to decide whether I want the open wing or closed wing version. I think both have their merits and the open wing is just AMAZING but I could also see myself getting the closed wing version ...
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:39 AM   #118
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
I'm thinking of ordering through the iron studios website. They had a coupon pop up on their site when I visited for free shipping, which I figure would be worth about $200. My thought is that I could order the delux version from them for close to what I would pay for the single wing version through the other sites that are carrying this statue. Has anyone ordered through them before?
I was going to ask the same question as well. Saving money on shipping for this guy will definitely entice me to order straight from Iron Studios if I could.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:42 PM   #119
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
I would like, but price & space and Juggernaut + Prime 1's Supergirl & City Hunter Predator are getting in his way I guess.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:31 PM   #120
Sjb
Justice League

Ok, I'm all in on this. Ordered Direct from Iron Studios to get their free shipping. Both wings version for $1,500. The wait begins.