Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 08-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #11
BigLeagueChu
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I like the last pic with the little guy
BigLeagueChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #12
Darknight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Welcome to the world of Cinemaquettes.

Beautiful photos...they show the detail on the CM Alien wonderfully. Congrats on receiving such a great specimen.
Darknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #13
ComputerFly
The Phantom

It just got here! Woot!!! Pictures don't do it justice...they can't. This has to be seen to appreciate. It is SOOO Dynamic. I don't want to disrupt Sabre's thread, so I'll just throw in one quick photo. It's friggin' HUGE!!

ComputerFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #14
robomorph
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Excellent pics, Sabres. I owned this piece myself for a while then decided to sell it. Unfortunately, for me it joins the long list of Alien sculpts that haven't anywhere near nailed the correct dimensions of the creature as it appeared in the movie. The head is too large in proportion to the body, the waist is way too skinny and emaciated, and the legs look far too spindly. As an artistic interpretation it makes a very imposing display. As a movie replica though, it's no cigar, despite Giger's involvement.

Still waiting for someone to nail that ultimate dead-on Alien likeness - come on Sideshow, you can do it!
robomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:36 PM   #15
Vader
Ghost

Agreed. It's certainly not screen accurate. But it's definitely is a nice piece.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #16
thx217
Ultimates

Congrats on the awesome piece. It's a must have if only they went for the original look.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:38 AM   #17
sabres21768
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
Congrats on the awesome piece. It's a must have if only they went for the original look.
Actually, I would have LOVED it if they went with the concept art on the right of this pic. Even the base is better.
Looks like it's inside the Derelict ship.

sabres21768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:00 AM   #18
RogueCylon
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerFly View Post
It just got here! Woot!!! Pictures don't do it justice...they can't. This has to be seen to appreciate. It is SOOO Dynamic. I don't want to disrupt Sabre's thread, so I'll just throw in one quick photo. It's friggin' HUGE!!

Awesome!! I'm hoping my order converts.
RogueCylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:26 PM   #19
jrice73
Doh!

AWESOMENESS! I've had mine now for about a month and a half scoring the last one Toynk Toys had (special thanks goes to Gruson who bought my CM T-800 Endo). It may not be screen accurate, but it does the job making everybody who sees it freak out! And that's all that matters to me.
jrice73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:26 PM   #20
ComputerFly
The Phantom

So, I was on my way out when the Alien landed, so I only got a few minutes with it before heading out. I just got back and I must say, it is easily as good as any other CM out there. The height and size are just fantastic, and the dynamics of the pose just sets it apart from the others.

"Work of Art, Work of Art, Work of Art" just keeps reverberating through my head while I'm looking at it. All of the ones who say silly things about the pose wouldn't be saying that if they saw it in person. It's that damn awesome. No photo can capture all of the intricacies of the sculpt and the perfectness of the pose.

I am so lucky to own this..that's all I can say. I was one of those that were like "Meh, I'll pick that up later maybe if the price drops". "Pffft, it doesn't look like 'all that' in the pics". Guess what? It IS ALL THAT and more. It's just incredible.

Sorry for the rant, but I am IN LOVE with this piece. Thanks to George for making it possible for me to own!!
ComputerFly is offline   Reply With Quote