Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 11-09-2015, 06:26 AM   #1
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Black Widow Forever Red (Novel)

Gotta say, just finished this and it was actually really good. I am a pretty big Black Widow fan on the comic side, but this is the first novel I have read that was focused on this character. Honestly wasn't sure what to expect, but it had some pretty good reviews on Amazon so I figured what the hell. I am really glad I took a chance on it as it really was highly entertaining and you ultimately walk away with some great character development.

Here is the description up on Amazon:

Quote:
Enter the world of the Avengers' iconic master spy

Natasha Romanoff is one of the world's most lethal assassins. Trained from a young age in the arts of death and deception, Natasha was given the title of Black Widow by Ivan Somodorov, her brutal teacher at the Red Room, Moscow's infamous academy for operatives.

Ava Orlova is just trying to fit in as an average Brooklyn teenager, but her life has been anything but average.The daughter of a missing Russian quantum physicist, Ava was once subjected to a series of ruthless military experiments-until she was rescued by Black Widow and placed under S.H.I.E.L.D. protection. Ava has always longed to reconnect with her mysterious savior, but Black Widow isn't really the big sister type.

Until now.

When children all over Eastern Europe begin to go missing, and rumors of smuggled Red Room tech light up the dark net, Natasha suspects her old teacher has returned-and that Ava Orlova might be the only one who can stop him. To defeat the madman who threatens their future, Natasha and Ava must unravel their pasts. Only then will they discover the truth about the dark-eyed boy with an hourglass tattoo who haunts Ava's dreams. . . .

Black Widow:Forever Red features all the heart-pounding adventure readers expect from Marvel, written by #1 New York Times best-selling author Margaret Stohl. Uncover a new side of the Marvel Universe that will thrill loyal fans and newcomers alike, as Stohl reveals the untold story of Black Widow for the very first time.
Anyways, if your a fan of Black Widow, or even just good mystery/spy thrillers, I highly recommend giving this one a go.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:41 PM   #2
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Right on. Will give this one a look-see
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:44 AM   #3
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Nice! Thanks for the heads up. Passed by a copy in Target the other day, but I didn't really give it much thought. I'll have to add it to the queue.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote