Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 02-27-2013, 01:10 AM   #1
dragontron
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

How should I go about fixing this crack?

Bought a Sideshow Exclusive classic Iron Man Comiquette and it had this crack on the arm holding the helmet. I have never attempted to repair or repaint polystone. I dont know how to match or replicate the paint on the effected area, so I am asking for advice on this. Thanks in advance!

dragontron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:34 AM   #2
Astounding
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

This question is probably better suited for Painter's Pitstop. However, most Ironman statues utilize a transparent red over a metallic gold paint. This would be a tough repair, especially if you are unfamiliar with touch-up work. Even for an experienced painter it can be a challenge. It is difficult to see exactly what the situation is in this low-res image, but short of repainting the entire statue, I would probably: fill and sand the cracked area with a good quality putty, mask the adjoining gold section, spray as close a match to the gold as I could mix (feathering it into the surrounding area), spray a matching transparent red over the gold (feathering it as well) to blend into (but not darken) the existing red, & clearcoat to eliminate flat edges around the repair. This is all assuming that the existing paintjob is transpartent red over gold as mentioned above. If this is not the case, if you have more questions or a better photo, or if you would like my help in the repair feel free to PM me.

Good Luck,
-Astounding
Astounding is offline   Reply With Quote