Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
Atheris
The Maxx

Rocky World Championship Belt Prop Replica

O-R-D-E-R-E-D!

http://www.hollywood-collectibles.co...ship_belt.html

Quote:
We are very proud to offer for the first time ever, a high quality officially licensed Limited Edition replica of Rocky's Championship Belt!

The most iconic and instantly recognizable collectible from the Rocky movies, this intricately detailed Championship belt is accurate to the one seen throughout the Rocky series.

Made from heavyweight cast metal with a high quality gold plated finish, genuine leather and layers of ruffled satin - just like the original!

The four metal picture frames feature images of the various champions in Rocky movie history - Clubber Lang, Apollo Creed, Ivan Drago and of course Rocky Balboa.

This beautifully crafted, Museum Quality Replica has been crafted with pride from the finest materials available, and is a faithful copy of the original Prop that will be the centerpiece of anyone's Rocky collection. Comes complete with a black velvet storage bag with Rocky logo. The must have prop replica for any Rocky fan!

Measures 43" long and weighs 2.5lbs approx.

Limited to just 1976 pieces worldwide!

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
Balboa1976
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I just got the email on this today, looks great, and it's about time that someone finally made an officially licensed one. I always thought that the license fee to use the Ring Magazine logo is why this belt was never made until now. The only thing that's not screen accurate is the fact that they didn't use the fighters that were on the original belt on the side plates, I think it was George Foreman, Floyd Paterson, James J Braddock aka the Cinderella Man, and James J Corbrett, bare knuckle fighter, I guess they didn't use these fighters because they would have to pay them to use their images. $399 is a great price, Hollywood Collectibles Group have a lot of stuff that costs thousands. It says second qt 2013 release, you can bet that means third or fourth qt, their always late. I hope the quality of this belt is great. This really is a must have grail item in any Rocky fans collection.
Balboa1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

awesome.. what great looking replica.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Wow, at moments like this, I am really happy I don't collect movie memorabilia. That is fantastic!!!!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #5
Balboa1976

Anybody know when this belt is going to be shipped?
Old 04-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
Raven1014
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Doesn't look to bad, but if it's a replica why is Drago on the belt?
Raven1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #7
Balboa1976

Drago is on the belt because the fighters on the belt used in the movie require the belt maker to pay rights to use their images, by using the fighters from the film you don't have to pay licencing fees because the belt is an officially licensed collectible by MGM studio. The studio owns the rights to the movie characters. I guess back in 1979 when this belt was first introduced in Rocky II they didn't pay rights to the images, but today everyone gets paid to use their image, just take a look at the Elvis and Michael Jackson estates, they make millions off licensing fees. If they used the characters in the film version of the belt I guess the belt would cost a lot more, just wondering how much more? Because it would be nice if it was 100% screen accurate replica.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:40 AM   #8
thelady1976
Doh!

Hi there,

I know this thread is 2 years old, but my father now has all the materials to make an EXACT 100% screen accurate replica of this belt.
I was wondering if anyone has the EXACT poses of the 4 boxers(Floyd Patterson, James J Corbett, George Foreman, James J Braddock) in high quality ? I can't seem to find the pose of Floyd Patterson at all.

I will post pics once the belt is complete.

This lady would be very grateful for any help.

Many thanks
thelady1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:55 PM   #9
Balboa1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelady1976 View Post
Hi there,

I know this thread is 2 years old, but my father now has all the materials to make an EXACT 100% screen accurate replica of this belt.
I was wondering if anyone has the EXACT poses of the 4 boxers(Floyd Patterson, James J Corbett, George Foreman, James J Braddock) in high quality ? I can't seem to find the pose of Floyd Patterson at all.

I will post pics once the belt is complete.

This lady would be very grateful for any help.

Many thanks
Hello

I have this belt, and even if you replace the photos with the fighters that were on the belt from the movie you still won't have an exact replica because the center plate is smaller and the fonts are all wrong, they got the words on the center plate exactly right and the Ring Magazine logo is accurate but for what ever reason the fonts are all wrong. I'm happy to have a replica of the Rocky championship belt, but when HCG put this up for preorder they said it would be an exact replica, so it was disappointing that it wasn't accurate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3237.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	296.0 KB
ID:	90356   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3234.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	90357  
Old 05-27-2015, 10:57 PM   #10