IXEC
Hellboy

Here it is....
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/...in-mid-sculpt/
IXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:57 AM   #6
Peedi
The Secret Six

And it's not just XM or statues, it's affecting just about all merchandise.

Seems like everybody except seemingly Sideshow has been told by Marvel they can't do FF or X-Men merchandise.

Even t-shirts and promo images...with the new Secret Wars comic, the retro shirts and promo images with the covers of the original Secret Wars comics have been altered to remove X-Men and FF and replace them with Avengers.

This has gotten completely out of hand. Marvel sold those movie rights before they had their own studio. It is what it is. I might not favor it either, I'd prefer Marvel have the movie rights to their own characters, it definitely makes Marvel's Cinematic Universe weaker to me since they're actively trying to dodge the mega successful mutants by using Inhumans and other means (SW & QS), but there's no obligation for Fox to just give it up. The deal was made and it's not a good one but there's no maturity being shown for it now on Marvel's behalf. They just make us suffer because we don't get comic related merchandise of the characters we want.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:59 AM   #7
Mister Ski
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

Seems like everybody except seemingly Sideshow has been told by Marvel they can't do FF or X-Men merchandise.

Even t-shirts and promo images...with the new Secret Wars comic, the retro shirts and promo images with the covers of the original Secret Wars comics have been altered to remove X-Men and FF and replace them with Avengers.

This has gotten completely out of hand. Marvel sold those movie rights before they had their own studio. It is what it is. I might not favor it either, I'd prefer Marvel have the movie rights to their own characters, it definitely makes Marvel's Cinematic Universe weaker to me since they're actively trying to dodge the mega successful mutants by using Inhumans and other means (SW & QS), but there's no obligation for Fox to just give it up. The deal was made and it's not a good one but there's no maturity being shown for it now on Marvel's behalf. They just make us suffer because we don't get comic related merchandise of the characters we want.
I think Sideshow is in the same boat. They haven't come out with any X or FF related items recently.
Mister Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:09 PM   #8
Peedi
The Secret Six

I wouldn't doubt it. Which is why I said seemingly. Last word on it was SSAlex said it hasn't affected them because new X-Men products were being worked on. That of course could've changed by now.

It's one thing to not use the characters beyond the current X-Men comics which continue to be published, but to wipe them from history like this image below does is crazy.

Notice how The FF characters and X-Men in the box at the top have been removed/replaced.

On the original cover the FF and X-Men have been replaced by BP, Black Bolt (Inhumans) and Defenders (Netflix). Even Wasp got cut, guessing since Janet isn't a big part of the MCU.

Latest rumor is that after Secret Wars all mutants, X-Men included, will live on their own planet so they can be separate from the main heroes on Earth.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:09 PM   #9
wanderlai
The Tick

The only thing I can't think of SS put out in the last few years X-Men related is Storm, Storm variant, Jean, Emma, and a Sentinel.

It's one thing to halt the merchandising but to delete history is just dirty IMO.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:10 PM   #10
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

This is not about making us suffer. It is about maximizing the shareholders stock price. They want those dollars in Disney's bank account, not in Fox's.