Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-04-2015, 12:39 AM   #1021
SONICobra
Batman

can anyone help explain the thor in the hot spring thing? that's the only thing that went over my head, maybe ill catch on in the second viewing...

he went in the spring to go back to the vision he saw when he was under scarlet witchs spell, is that right? and he saw the fall of asgard, is that right? and what did vision have to do with it to the point thor raced over to bring him to life?

loved the movie but this part didn't gel for me, at least the first time around
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:15 AM   #1022
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
can anyone help explain the thor in the hot spring thing? that's the only thing that went over my head, maybe ill catch on in the second viewing...

he went in the spring to go back to the vision he saw when he was under scarlet witchs spell, is that right? and he saw the fall of asgard, is that right? and what did vision have to do with it to the point thor raced over to bring him to life?

Thor's Side Quest was a bit of a mess. Like you said, it's triggered by SW's visions. Then he yanks Erik Selvig to discuss the pool. And more blah blahing when he storms back to lightning bolt the Vision. Two reasons, I think they wanted to setup Thor: Ragnarok and get Hemsworth shirtless for dah ladies. Okay, three, the infinity stones and the mind gem on Vision's head. Exposition could've been smoother on the first sit through. I'm checking it out again this weekend.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:28 AM   #1023
dugabrams
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:

Yeah, this.
dugabrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:38 PM   #1024
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
The "Twins" accents were however very distracting and whenever they spoke it pulled me out of the moment. I don't really care for either of those casting decisions.
Pietro and Wanda are Romani so I thought their accents sounded just fine. I had hoped they wouldn't have American accents--like Black Widow during her childhood flashback scene. That actually pulled me out of the moment.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 01:21 PM   #1025
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
can anyone help explain the thor in the hot spring thing?
This was probably the only thing that left me scratching my head a bit. How did it go from the hot springs to swooping in and bringing down the thunder to jump start Vision. But to be honest, by the time I started to wonder I really didn't care too much, I just figured whatever, who cares.

I saw the film on Saturday and it was an underwhelming experience. This movie was just completely formulaic. The locations change a bit, the villains change but other than that the story feels like we've seen this before. The hordes and hordes of robots filling in for the hordes of Chitauri from the last film. So many robots that they actually had to use bullet-time to show the fight! Last time it was Loki but this time it was Ultron, although they both used the same weapon, glad that thing finally got destroyed so we don't have to see it again! The fighting amongst the team, the heroes doubting themselves so much. The Maximoff twins didn't really win me over, and as such I didn't really feel anything when Quicksilver bit it. Personally I was bored for most of the film. This film is right down there with IM3 for worst Marvel movie. Marvel is coming close to losing it in my opinion. They started off great, and everything felt like it was growing organically and it naturally led to or connected to something else. Now it feels like many of the happenings are specifically there to set something else up. Marvel is looking to set up a huge universe and I'm beginning to think maybe they should dial it back a bit. If they are not going to focus on keeping stories feeling fresh and different from film to film I believe it will just lead to a boring and formulaic series of films. They are capable of putting out films that build on the previous film, like Captain America for example, two films and both very different. Thor to a lesser degree was like that as well, although I didn't feel either of those were very strong films. GOTG was different and refreshing, we'll see how the next one goes. I know Ant-Man is sending mixed signals but I'm looking forward to that one, again because it's something different.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Not terribly excited for the next Avengers film now. They've hyped Thanos so much that he better live up to it at this point, or it will just be an even huger disappointment. I'm also frankly worried about the inclusion of Tony Stark in the next Cap film, I have just about had my fill of Tony Stark, can they make the guy any less likable? That's probably by design, and if so they've done a great job because I cannot stand him and his smugness anymore.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 01:49 PM   #1026
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Quote:

My 10 year old Son said this to me today about that scene. " He saw in his vision that they all needed to work toghether to win, otherwise everthing would be destroyed and that the gems were to much power to handle so he wanted to see if The Vision was going to be born good or bad, before he decided to destroy him or leave him responible with one of the Gems"........

Im staying with that explenation.. hahahah
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 02:26 PM   #1027
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
This was probably the only thing that left me scratching my head a bit. How did it go from the hot springs to swooping in and bringing down the thunder to jump start Vision. But to be honest, by the time I started to wonder I really didn't care too much, I just figured whatever, who cares.

I saw the film on Saturday and it was an underwhelming experience. This movie was just completely formulaic. The locations change a bit, the villains change but other than that the story feels like we've seen this before. The hordes and hordes of robots filling in for the hordes of Chitauri from the last film. So many robots that they actually had to use bullet-time to show the fight! Last time it was Loki but this time it was Ultron, although they both used the same weapon, glad that thing finally got destroyed so we don't have to see it again! The fighting amongst the team, the heroes doubting themselves so much. The Maximoff twins didn't really win me over, and as such I didn't really feel anything when Quicksilver bit it. Personally I was bored for most of the film. This film is right down there with IM3 for worst Marvel movie. Marvel is coming close to losing it in my opinion. They started off great, and everything felt like it was growing organically and it naturally led to or connected to something else. Now it feels like many of the happenings are specifically there to set something else up. Marvel is looking to set up a huge universe and I'm beginning to think maybe they should dial it back a bit. If they are not going to focus on keeping stories feeling fresh and different from film to film I believe it will just lead to a boring and formulaic series of films. They are capable of putting out films that build on the previous film, like Captain America for example, two films and both very different. Thor to a lesser degree was like that as well, although I didn't feel either of those were very strong films. GOTG was different and refreshing, we'll see how the next one goes. I know Ant-Man is sending mixed signals but I'm looking forward to that one, again because it's something different.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Not terribly excited for the next Avengers film now. They've hyped Thanos so much that he better live up to it at this point, or it will just be an even huger disappointment. I'm also frankly worried about the inclusion of Tony Stark in the next Cap film, I have just about had my fill of Tony Stark, can they make the guy any less likable? That's probably by design, and if so they've done a great job because I cannot stand him and his smugness anymore.
While I liked AoU a little more than you, Marvelito, I think it was just a little more. I agree with all your points.

Right now, I'm looking forward to seeing this new Avengers team in action because War Machine, Falcon, Vision, and Scarlet Witch bring something different to the table. However, it might not last until Infinity War because this might simply be Cap's team for Civil War. At least the Russos are behind all these productions giving me guarded optimism. Winter Soldier was that good after all.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 02:51 PM   #1028
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Well...that's an interesting "theory" on how the Hulk/Hulk Buster battle ended. From where I was sitting, and based on what actually happened on screen, it sure looked to me like Hulk Buster punched the Hulk, and the next scene was Banner curled up in fetal position wrapped in a blanket. In sports that's called scoreboard. If it ain't on the scoreboard, it's just speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Agreed.

Side note: A thought on the Hulkbuster "victory" against Hulk. I didn't see Hulkbuster win that fight. It was pretty clear that if Hulk continued to be under Wanda's influence the fight would have continued and he would have ultimately won. However, after that building came down on both of them it was clear that once the Hulk came out of the rubble he was no longer being influenced. His eyes were no longer bloodshot and he was witnessing the horror in all of the civilians he had affected. To me it was evident that the so called "knock-out" punch afterwards was simply a quick cut of the movie and to add a little humor a la Hulk punching Thor in the first film.

We didn't need to see Black Widow come in and perform another lullaby. We didn't need to see the Hulk mope away and then add more running to the film by having someone go after him. The punch and cut to black is both humorous and to the point. Hulk is no longer a threat so let's show everyone licking their wounds on the Quinjet.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:04 PM   #1029
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Well...that's an interesting "theory" on how the Hulk/Hulk Buster battle ended. From where I was sitting, and based on what actually happened on screen, it sure looked to me like Hulk Buster punched the Hulk, and the next scene was Banner curled up in fetal position wrapped in a blanket. In sports that's called scoreboard. If it ain't on the scoreboard, it's just speculation.
You think he was in a fetal position and that it was the result of Hulkbuster's punch? First, Banner is always physically exhausted after the transformation. And second, he just did what he is always afraid he would do... lose his sh!t and terrorize humanity. It seems to me people want to believe they wrote Hulkbuster as the victor. It would justify yet another thing to complain about.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:18 PM   #1030
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
You think he was in a fetal position and that it was the result of Hulkbuster's punch? First, Banner is always physically exhausted after the transformation. And second, he just did what he is always afraid he would do... lose his sh!t and terrorize humanity. It seems to me people want to believe they wrote Hulkbuster as the victor. It would justify yet another thing to complain about.
I agree with you in that it wasn't a true win for Iron Man because Hulk gave up fighting at the end. It reminded me of when Doc Samson took out the Hulk with one punch in the comics only because he lulled Hulk into an extremely calm state.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote