Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 11-10-2023, 04:45 AM   #2221
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Yeah, Omnibuses are relatively new, the first Omnibus came in 2005 or something. I became totally addicted to omnibuses though. If it is a mini series which is not long enough to make an omnibus then i go to OHC (Deluxe) route, but you never know... They make a second and third or even more installments to the mini and make an omnibus from all of them later... Like Jeph Loeb&Tim Sale's The Long Halloween or the Marvel Color Series (You Know Spider-Man Blue, Daredevil Yellow etc.) Nothing sadisfies me like owning it all in an HC Oversized Omnibus(es) when it comes to American Comics.
The omnibuses are good but I wish they were larger (art page wise not book depth). They seem larger than MMW but after accounting for the borders/margins they are both pretty close. Love the Spawn Deluxe size. Closer to the original art size is always a treat.
Wish the Savage Sword of Conan Omnis were the original magazine size.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 06:32 AM   #2222
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
The omnibuses are good but I wish they were larger (art page wise not book depth). They seem larger than MMW but after accounting for the borders/margins they are both pretty close. Love the Spawn Deluxe size. Closer to the original art size is always a treat.
Wish the Savage Sword of Conan Omnis were the original magazine size.
I am happy with how Omnibuses are. You should get the Gallery Editions for original art size HC books. As far as i know the Gallery Editions don't have any extras though, i don't follow them, so i don't know what got the Gallery Edition treatment so far as well because they are just too big and expensive for my taste, but i think you will like the Gallery Editions more than Omnibuses once you try the Gallery Editions.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 11:15 AM   #2223
Mister H
Ultimates

Godzilla omnibus set for October 2024.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 11:27 AM   #2224
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I am happy with how Omnibuses are. You should get the Gallery Editions for original art size HC books. As far as i know the Gallery Editions don't have any extras though, i don't follow them, so i don't know what got the Gallery Edition treatment so far as well because they are just too big and expensive for my taste, but i think you will like the Gallery Editions more than Omnibuses once you try the Gallery Editions.
Oh yeah I've got a couple and they are nice for a favorite story but gallery editions are of course no where near as exhaustive complete as the omni collections.

Wish they would reprint and publish new collections of their King Size/XXL/Adamantium type collections.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 05:05 PM   #2225
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Near Mint Condition announced a Dazzler omnibus this week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky0FRiTpiTM

Artgerm's A.X.E. Judgement Day #6 variant will be one of the covers:

I've been wanting this one for a long time. It will go on my shelf next to my 80s Ka-Zar omnibus as the first two titles I really liked where I was able to get in on the ground floor--as opposed to other comics like Avengers and X-Men that had over 100 issues already published when I started reading them.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 07:43 PM   #2226
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I am happy for all the Dazzler fans out there. Hope you get a statue someday as well. I have known about the X-Men for the first time with 90s Cartoon. I have read some X-Men, mostly Wolverine solo title and i have seen all the X-Men films so far. But unfortunatly Dazzler wasn't in any of them... So i have no attachment to the character, i am not even sure what her powers are, i only know she is some kind of disco era character as far as i learned about her from the forums.

As i result i am undecided on the Dazzler Omnibus whether i should get it or not. I guess it will depend on what comes out that month. If it is slow month, will probably get Dazzler, but if it is a big month with lots of to get, i will probably pass on the Dazzler Omnibus.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 07:54 PM   #2227
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

No dazzlers series ran I believe 41 issues and there was that for part, beauty and the beast miniseries with her and the beast and there was the X-Men appearance which would be at least two issues, and she was in an issue of amazing Spider-Man so that would be possibly 47, 48 issues that could potentially be in this omnibus and also including her graphic novel. I do wonder if they might do too because one would have an awful lot of stuff in it.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 06:29 PM   #2228
Mister H
Ultimates

Invincible Iron Man omnibus volume 3 - August 2024
Old 11-13-2023, 07:38 PM   #2229
Davidian
Omega Flight

Just curious, where do you all get your omni info from? I come here quite often to find out some omni I missed out on, ha.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 08:39 PM   #2230
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Just curious, where do you all get your omni info from? I come here quite often to find out some omni I missed out on, ha.
Near mint condition. YouTube channel.