Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
06gto
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

DC/Marvel Comparison

Is there any ? Marvel seems to be pulling so far ahead of DC with Sideshow and Bowen, DC is starting to seem extremely inferior. Look at the Sideshow PF for instance. They've produced about how many ? DC has 4 and I haven't heard plans for anymore. Then the Comiquette line just under the scale of the PF statues. Bowen has produced multiple statues of all of the main characters and numerous less majhor characters and the qulity and detail is usually superior to DC. What does everyone else think. I've been a DC collector up until now but I am becoming dissatisfied. I
06gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #2
Vracula
Jedi Order

Im a big batman fan and am yet waiting for a good batman statue.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

It's a hit and miss with DC
They need to give out the license to Bowen or ARH. Then we will finally see some good 1/6 or 1/4 DC statues.

But they don't allow anyone else to produce statues

It's come to a point where some guys got tired of waiting and now make their own ooak or limited statues.

I have a big DC collection, take a look.
My dream is to someday get a DC license and make it happen for real.
I am taking the first steps.
Averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by averone View Post
It's a hit and miss with DC
They need to give out the license to Bowen or ARH. Then we will finally see some good 1/6 or 1/4 DC statues.

But they don't allow anyone else to produce statues

It's come to a point where some guys got tired of waiting and now make their own ooak or limited statues.

I have a big DC collection, take a look.
My dream is to someday get a DC license and make it happen for real.
I am taking the first steps.
good luck Alex

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #5
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gto View Post
Is there any ? Marvel seems to be pulling so far ahead of DC with Sideshow and Bowen, DC is starting to seem extremely inferior. Look at the Sideshow PF for instance. They've produced about how many ? DC has 4 and I haven't heard plans for anymore. Then the Comiquette line just under the scale of the PF statues. Bowen has produced multiple statues of all of the main characters and numerous less major characters and the quality and detail is usually superior to DC. What does everyone else think. I've been a DC collector up until now but I am becoming dissatisfied. I
DCD does it's own thing and always has. DCD was the first to produce the confrontation style dios and their Batman Vs. Croc is yet to be surpassed.

The covergirls line is on par sculpt and quality wise with BD. Granted they are 15-20% smaller but their price is less than half of that of a BD museum pose. The DCU Online line seems to be following this trend and has already hinted at rarely and never before sculpted pieces being done.

They have produced bookends, props and the new Dynamics line which no one else has done. Are their choices always good? Absolutely not, but I don't think that they need to always follow what their competitors are doing. DCD could definitely beef up their offerings and drop the MSRP on a few pieces. There is a new regime in place at DCD and let's see where they take us.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
06gto

Yes, I know what DC "is" but lately I'm aware of what they are "not". It seems like DC is getting smaller in scale while Marvel is getting larger.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #7
The Batman Professor
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Im a big batman fan and am yet waiting for a good batman statue.
Tha's coz you don't have THESE:

The Batman Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:42 PM   #8
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman Professor View Post
Tha's coz you don't have THESE:

2 Fantastic Statue!!!!
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #9
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I like the DC Covergirls series (which I have all) but other then a Harley Quinn sitting on cards; build a scene JLA and a BD Sandman I don't any other statues. I don't like there 1:4 line and it's almost like they make 1 statue a year.

Koto several years ago did some DC stuff such as the Jim Lee Batman & Catwoman and an anime style Supergirl which I also owned.

I wish DCD would just release the 1:4 line to SSC (I think they are the only company with enough talent).
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #10
06gto

Touching base with reality. When I go to my LCS and look at the display shelves in the back I see, on the left side a conglomoration of DC statues averaging roughly 7 inches to 12, and on the right side is a mass of Marvel statues approximately 12 inches to 2 plus feet. I said it's the average and not the size of each and all of the statues. Marvel has lately produced so many large statues and DC lately has produced so many small statues. Maybe DC is in " hot pursuit" of the "King of the Mini" title ?